Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a small rear bag that can strap on to the OEM top case rack? Just want to carry a few items for short rides without having the top or side cases attached.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I'm really not a fan of soft luggage that can strap to the pillion/rack. They really get in the way when trying to throw a leg over. The top case works much better.

I have a Givi B33 I use for commuting and I have no complaints. I tried a soft tail bag and a tank bag but both of them were a poor compromise for carrying stuff. And aS expensive as some of those soft cases are the Givi with its locking capabilities and ability to hold and lock a helmet makes it a much better choice IMO.

·
Registered
869 Posts
For normal riding, I use this Cortech Tailbag, it soft mounts with four quick release clips. I've taken to using this more than the OEM tank bag.

Cortech Dryver Tail Bag - RevZilla

Reactions: egrafx2006

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a Wolfman tail bag and it is about the right size for short trips.

·
Registered
348 Posts
FWIW, I tried to mount a Kriega US-10 bag on my DVT and even with the bag stuffed to the gills I couldn't make the straps short enough to keep it from sliding around on the tail. I doubt it would fall off, but given the cost of the bag I expected it to be more secure. It's a shame, because it appeared to be really well made... but I ended up returning it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
FWIW, I tried to mount a Kriega US-10 bag on my DVT and even with the bag stuffed to the gills I couldn't make the straps short enough to keep it from sliding around on the tail. I doubt it would fall off, but given the cost of the bag I expected it to be more secure. It's a shame, because it appeared to be really well made... but I ended up returning it.
I have a couple of Kriega bags as well, I cross mount the straps, under the rack. Right front strap goes to left bag clip and so on, that lets you get the straps cinched down.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like using an elastic net with a waterproof bag for rear storage.

Costs $5-$10
Always with you
When not in use your bike keeps a "clean" look
Variable capacity from 1-50+ liters

Attachments

·
Green owner of Red MTS1200
151 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1449488492.405180.jpg Axio tailbag, they don't make them anymore, but booster does. Not quit as beautiful as the original, but still..

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Nice thank you Mr Coyne, now I have more money to spend... :surprise:

Like the pics too, the redwoods? Are magnificent as is the scenery, where abouts are they taken?

Thanks John

Downunder.
I live in the San Fran Bay Area, so I am blessed to have Redwoods throughout my normal ride areas.

These particular photos were taken at Sequoia National Park as we did a 4 National Park Ride - Yosemite, Death Valley, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia. Helluva 4 day weekend ride!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I use the Moose Racing Adventure rear rack bag. Not to big, just big enough. Good for a day ride. Expands to double its height. Comes with rain cover. Semi rigid sides. I use it to contain my jacket liner and other things when I don't want to use my top case.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love this bag: http://amzn.com/B00RGQ1PDC

You can see see it on my bike here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskebYWvs
I am looking at that bag myself. Love the clean look. My main concern is that I want a bag that's easy to take on off. For example if I ride to a restaurant and want to bring the bag in with me I can do so easily. This bag seems like a production to take on an off vs. a tail bag with a bungee cord system. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I am looking at that bag myself. Love the clean look. My main concern is that I want a bag that's easy to take on off. For example if I ride to a restaurant and want to bring the bag in with me I can do so easily. This bag seems like a production to take on an off vs. a tail bag with a bungee cord system. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I use velcro straps and it holds the bag snug, and easy on easy off... I do not use the stock fasteners that came with the bag.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Rear bag for passenger seat or luggage rack. - Ducati Multistrada Accessories

I wanted a versatile waterproof bag to take on tour and be able to stuff extra layers, towel, sneakers, shorts, lunch and anything else. I have the hard panniers but didn't want a dedicated top hard case or shaped specific tail bag. The Ducati waterproof bag isn't as inexpensive as others but I got it with a small discount. Except for the elastic loops most outdoor stores sell a similar type of bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
My strap on soft bag set up is the Kriega US20 (20ltr) + additional 2 x US10 (10ltr) strap-ons that work exceptionally well

shown here on my MV Agusta

Shown here on my KTM 1190 Adv

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am a huge fan of Kriega now. I use the US 10 all the time for day trips and the us 30 for weekend trips. I just don't use the metal hook straps that came with it. I just took the plastic buckles of that and used normal strap webbing from some cheap tie downs. Works awesome just wrapped under the seat and around the hand grabs on the back. Can be cinched down super tight.

You can see the us 10 on the back of my bike here.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think that it is not so good to set a bag on pillion seat. I myself jump time to time onto passenger seat in long travels. To straighten my legs and change the pose.
It would be better to set the little bag on rear rack. Could somebody seen the adapter for rack to set tankbag through givi-style tanklock?
Or, I can make it myself, like the backrest :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts