Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cheep and quick set and take off for storage motorcycle cover. I have a nice one at home but was looking for something quick and dirty for work. Any one ever tried the $20 cheepies?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've used the budget covers on bikes in the shop to protect from overspray and general crapola settling on them, but I wouldn't use one on a bike outside only because the wind shifting the cover will scratch the paint eventually.

I guess if you went nuts with bungees or parked where it was sheltered from wind it would be ok though :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm looking for a cheep and quick set and take off for storage motorcycle cover.
I have used one like this:
UV2000 HALF COVER SILVER
for a number of years back and forth to work. Easy on and off, secures to bike well and stows away easy since I only carry a back pack. I've used it with numerous bikes over the years and have never had it melt on pipes or scratched any of the surfaces.

You may be able to find one cheaper somewhere else, I just googled the mfg name on my cover.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have used one like this:
UV2000 HALF COVER SILVER
for a number of years back and forth to work. Easy on and off, secures to bike well and stows away easy since I only carry a back pack. I've used it with numerous bikes over the years and have never had it melt on pipes or scratched any of the surfaces.

You may be able to find one cheaper somewhere else, I just googled the mfg name on my cover.
I guess that would cover the tank and ass. Though my open clutch plate will get some UV abuse. medium fits our bikes good?

i was going to pick up this guy

BILT Parts & Accessories - Motorcycle Cover - Cycle Gear

until i read the review it isn't good against UV's

·
Registered
51 Posts
I guess that would cover the tank and ass. Though my open clutch plate will get some UV abuse. medium fits our bikes good?
You're right, if possible, I try to park the bike so the cover is angled towards the sun. But I get to work early and leave by 3pm. And yes, medium covers the SF, in fact the SF is a tad on the small side for the medium since they anticipate the cover for sports bikes with fairings.

That Cycle Gear cover looks to be a good deal though. Sounds like it collapses down small enough to carry and as long as you don't need it to be waterproof, should be good enough. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts