Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Not really "new", the 616 has been out for at least a couple of years. I thought about trying them, but other than the fact that they look kinda cool, there's really not much reason for me to use them instead of a true sport tire.

I've heard they're great in the rain, though. So if you do a lot of wet riding, they could be the ticket. I think someone here was using them, so hopefully they'll chime in.

The 616 is in the same category as the Pirelli Scorpion Sync, which is used on a lot of Multistradas, and is also a pretty good tire...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Those were OEM tires on the early Buell Ulysses, and maybe some of the TTs, but they later went to Pirelli Scorpion Sync's. I remember reading that handling characteristics were not that wonderful with them on that bike. Do some searching on badweatherbikers for more info on them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Those were OEM tires on the early Buell Ulysses, and maybe some of the TTs, but they later went to Pirelli Scorpion Sync's. I remember reading that handling characteristics were not that wonderful with them on that bike. Do some searching on badweatherbikers for more info on them.

+1

My 06 Uly came with those. The low speed wobble was a major PITA. I swapped to syncs and never looked back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live on gravel, I thought they might work better than stock, but not at the expense of handling

·
Registered
346 Posts
Has anyone tried these D616s
Hah, just noticed that Catterson put them on the Motorcyclist magazine
long-term test Hypermotard. He did say that he picked them more for the
"Supermoto" appearance of the tread pattern than anythnig else. It's in the
latest issue.

I've had the Scorpion Syncs on my Yammie Supermoto bike, and they are
a tire with no glaring faults to speak of-- very stable, no complaints here.
Compound seems a little on the longer wearing side, compared to most
Supersport tires. But on that lightweight bike, I've had no problems with
front-end push or squirm, just an excellent tracking tire, the Scorpion Sync.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts