Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Dunlop Qualifiers for the first time on my 900ss CR.
Noticed that escpecially the front tire has a large section of tread that never gets used even at lean angles on the track. I am wondering if I am using the wrong sizes or something or is this just a trait of the Qualifiers?
Front 120-70 Rear 160-60
Has anyone else noticed this? Comments?

Joe

·
Registered
231 Posts
Your tire sizes are fine as those are the same sizes that I've been using.
Here's a pic of my front tire after 6 track days in C group

I've been able to get a little bit of lean angle with these tires with my 12 year stock untouched marzook suspension. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tire wear

Thanks that is exactly how mine looks.

Have you ever tried the 102-60 front tire size on the track? Any reason why I should not try this? Hoping to quicken the geometry as much as possible. Right now ride height is up forks are all the way up and it is still pretty trainlike.

Joe

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Thanks that is exactly how mine looks.

Have you ever tried the 120-60 front tire size on the track? Any reason why I should not try this? Hoping to quicken the geometry as much as possible. Right now ride height is up forks are all the way up and it is still pretty trainlike.

Joe
Well, the 120/60 is smaller in diameter which will affect handling. I don't know about anything else it would do for you. Dunlop Qualifiers are good tires in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Q's

I've used them for years and the past two track season I've had them on my 99 900SS and the front lasted 8 track days and the rear is still going strong. I ride "I" group and the bike is all stock set up low 1:40ish lap times, but did have some PR Mich tires which are nice(soft) the dunlop Q yes you do have to warm them up but I need that lap or two to warm myself up and the bike and the tires!! 120/70 front 170/60 rear SportMax Q seem to be a Med compound tire.

I have had a 120/60 on the front and it seems to let you turn faster but 120/70 is stock for my year bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's how it goes. You can't use the whole surface of the front tire. Here is a picture of my rear tire. I've used it all and i still got plenty of unused thread left in front tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts