Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just got a t-Rex rear stand for my 996 and this is my first experience with a rear stand for a single-sided swingarm bike. the pin goes in to the rear axle about 3 1/4" although it seems pretty stable to me, I was wondering how this may compare to other stands.

Is the pin long enough in your opinion?

thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have a Pit Bull stand for the 1098, and the pin only goes in a few inches.

Don't know about yours, but did it come with more than one pin? I know on the 1098, the hole on one side of the axle is *slightly* bigger than the other. It should fit snugly and just right. If i use the smaller pin on the bigger hole, it seems to fit, but it wiggles just a bit. Got to make sure to use the right pin not to damage anything.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it has 2 pins: 1 for either side I want to use the stand for. It does indeed fit snug. Just didn't know if 3 1/4" was normal.

It is a quality stand and I have been impressed by what T-Rex has been putting out.

Guess this is normal. thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've got a pitbull stand and that's the same pin length as mine. I've had no problems what so ever. If you got some extra cash pick up a front stand for winter storage. Won't flat spot your expensive tires. Also saves some money/shop-time, when it comes to swap out tires.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It is a quality stand and I have been impressed by what T-Rex has been putting out.
Yeah I'd like to see what those stand look like. If they're pretty sturdy, thats an awesome deal. I need a set of stands for the GSXR, but I don't feel like paying the $$$ for Pit Bull this time around.

·
Registered
347 Posts
the pin goes in to the rear axle about 3 1/4" although it seems pretty stable to me, I was wondering how this may compare to other stands.

Is the pin long enough in your opinion?

thanks.

it'll barely make her squeal.
get a longer pin my dude

1 - 7 of 7 Posts