Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 1260S and finally got around to looking through the manual last night as i wanted to make sure I knew how to work the laptimer as Im finally going take her out for a track day in a few weeks. I read that my bike is supposed ot have VHC (Vehicle Hold Control). I dont need it but was going to see how it works. Is there a way to turn it on or? I saw there there should be a yellow light that comes on the dash when it is activated. Just curious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You need to pull the front brake lever STRONG.

Then you'll see the yellow icon in the display, and the rear brake self-activate.

After three o four seconds, the same yellow icon blinks for one or two seconds, and then, the brake self- release.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supertanker, Thanks. Ill try it today. I assume you need to be facing uphill and in gear. Just never saw it pop up before, but then again, never knew it was there, nor have I ever really needed it. but would still like to see how it works. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Cool. Be sure to let us know how your track day went.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive had the bike for a year and have not had time to hit a track day. heading to Putnam on last weekend in Sept. Already replaced the antifreeze and wired a few things for safety. Going to remove the center stand as well. Was thinking about running in sport mode with rider and gear selected for suspension to stiffen it up so it doesnt squat too much in corners. Ive got the factory Pirelli's on it so hopefully they work pretty well. Wont have tire warmers though. Only concerns are scraping and what tire pressure to run for starting cold.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Supertanker, Thanks. Ill try it today. I assume you need to be facing uphill and in gear. Just never saw it pop up before, but then again, never knew it was there, nor have I ever really needed it. but would still like to see how it works. Thanks again.
Doesn't matter if you're in gear or not, or what the attitude of the bike is. Pull the front brake lever hard enough for a couple seconds, and it activates.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weird, just went out for lunch and tried at at a redlight going uphill. Maybe the hill was not steep enough.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No VHC coming on for me. Even on steep inclines. I come to a stop, keep it in gear, hold my brake tight, and nothing. I am in touring mode, but I wouldnt think that would make a difference. This is on my 2019 1260S.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You really have to pull that front brake lever hard, and hold it there for a few seconds. It needs to be nearly in contact with the throttle tube, in order for VHC to activate. They made absolutely sure this isn't something a rider would activate on accident.

At least that's the way it works on my 2018. Maybe they changed in on 2019, or removed it, or maybe it's just not working on yours for some reason.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You really have to pull that front brake lever hard, and hold it there for a few seconds. It needs to be nearly in contact with the throttle tube, in order for VHC to activate. They made absolutely sure this isn't something a rider would activate on accident.

At least that's the way it works on my 2018. Maybe they changed in on 2019, or removed it, or maybe it's just not working on yours for some reason.
You are right.

This morning i've been testing, and i watched It works using the rear brake pedal too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. Ill pull the crap out of it or hold the rear brake super hard and see what happens. I dont know why anyone would ever have to pull that hard on a brake at a stop?!?! This seems more like it should be an option for newer riders? Its funny discovering how much stuff they can do with the new bikes now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely have to pull it with some force. What I do is come to a normal stop with the front brake lever and then slightly release the lever and pull back with more force to activate it. It works well but doesn't hold long enough so if I'm using it I often have to activate it several times at a stop light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts