Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Definitely do not bother with it. Your're more likely to do more harm than good...snag something or get whatever your fishing with stuck in there.
The pump has a large replaceable pre-filter/sock. It's plenty big that a dime sized piece of foil wont matter.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Funny that The Fixer advice is to not fix the thing :p

But you know, some people could loose sleep over simple things like this .

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I'm sure using the endoscope would be ok in a gas tank, they're made to be waterproof, but I wouldn't risk it. Gas and electricity don't mix.
The gas is already mixed with electricity. The fuel pump has as electrical motor with exposed connectors immersed in the gas. Its actually a very good insulator.

That said I'm not sure I'd put an endoscope down there either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
SUCCESS!!
After pumping out the fuel with a simple hand powered fluid transfer pump, I used the endoscope to spot the little SOB. Found it right away as it is white inside a black tank.
Used the grabby tool along side the scope tube and after only 3 tries, i was able to fish that little sucker out!
Needless to say, I celebrated with a bourbon.
Thanks to all who responded to this thread. Great suggestions, great cautions, etc. I really like the Endoscope tool. I will keep it in my arsenal and see many uses in the future. As far as the grabby tool, That is getting framed for the shop wall. (I'll buy another one to use in the future)
Thanks again to all!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Definitely do not bother with it. Your're more likely to do more harm than good...snag something or get whatever your fishing with stuck in there.
The pump has a large replaceable pre-filter/sock. It's plenty big that a dime sized piece of foil wont matter.

View attachment 976671
Totally agree with The Fixer and I've had all this apart to change the sensor - twice.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

View attachment 976671
Totally agree with The Fixer and I've had all this apart to change the sensor - twice.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I’m sure I have some sheet metal screws in my gas tank left over from when I shook them around to clean the tank. I shook them out until it didn’t rattle and called it good.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts