Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent Half an hour trying to figure out why one low beam and one high beam bulb is out on my 1098 on opposite sides....then I did some research. Is it true that on low beam, only one side lights up, while on high beam one side is low and the other is high? Seems very strange to me...just trying to verify that my lights are doing what they are supposed to do. Thanks....Elee

·
Registered
305 Posts
Try riding a 748, where only the left light illuminates on low beam, while the right side lights up only for the high beam. Why, just the other day, some guy told me while I was at the red light that one of my headlights was out. ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you have actually used the lights to try and see at night yet, you might discover how hopeless they are.

There a few options to improve them, if you do an sort of riding in the dark, right up to full replacement dual low and high beam replacement lights. I've gone down this route and it actually makes it possible to ride at night and see where you're going, especially when there is oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Try riding a 748, where only the left light illuminates on low beam, while the right side lights up only for the high beam. Why, just the other day, some guy told me while I was at the red light that one of my headlights was out. ?
You can put a bridge wire in the left switch block that MEPs low on when high beam is hit. And with a bit of work you can replace the projector with either a Chinese high/low, a Yamaha projector high/low or a NISSAN Murano high/low hid and change the other side to hid as well. I say hid because I haven’t seen any led replacements that I think are any better than the stock setup.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You can put a bridge wire in the left switch block that MEPs low on when high beam is hit. And with a bit of work you can replace the projector with either a Chinese high/low, a Yamaha projector high/low or a NISSAN Murano high/low hid and change the other side to hid as well. I say hid because I haven’t seen any led replacements that I think are any better than the stock setup.
Sweet info! Thank you.... I will definitely be looking into this on my 1997. I really appreciate the tip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very interesting..thanks for the tip! Any details on how to do the bridge wire? That doesn't blow any fuses?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I remember doing that switch bridge years ago on my 999r under the wise posting of one of the vets in here, worked very well, should be in the sticky section somewhere.
Go led if you can, worth every bit.

·
Registered
1994 900SS CR, 2002 998 Trackbike
318 Posts
Personally I prefer one (good) headlight for motorcycles.

Two lights next to each other could be interpreted as "car that's still far away" by oncoming traffic, when it's really a bike that's pretty close.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts