Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I found some major damage to my crank case. After going through all the different ways to deal with this problem I came to the conclusion that the best solution is to scrap the bike. :( So now with me hunting for a new bike and trying to figure out what to do with this monster. I made up my mind that I'm going to turn the my 1000m into a 1000 go-cart and rightfully call it the DuKarti! I will post more pictures as I finish the CAD design of the frame, and as I get further in the project. Please feel free to let me know what you think if its dumb, cool, or any input on to get this done. any ways here are some pictures of the first day tear down.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Did you ever think about welding that up? We have done it a few times, happened a few times to some customers after they tumbled down the track. Also seen it happen when the engine bolts were loose for a while.

I am all for the Kart.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As someone who races cars, I am all for this kart project! Keep us updated. Mick Doohan has a KTM powered (450cc I think) kart but this will be even more insane!

·
Registered
998 Posts
We did karting, and a 125[2 stroke] gearbox kart is the max, on a sprint track. You could get away with the dukart on a long track, but it will be all wrong. To much rear weight, not enough tire. Not much room for YOU.
Good luck, if you want to do it. Watch your elbows. It's a shame about the bike being wasted like that though. Lots of good welders out there for those cases, and lots of REALLY wrecked bikes to turn into Karts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts