Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing a Ducshop linear link and Ohlins TTX on my 848 Evo in the next weeks. As I understand it, I will also need to get a ride height adjuster like the one from Sato and shorten it by cutting the rod. The stock tie rod on an 848 is 175mm eye to eye. The Sato one at its shortest length is 155mm eye to eye. Assuming I want to keep my current ride height what should the Sato adjuster be set at? Basically, I am trying to figure what the minimum length the Sato adjuster eye to eye needs to be to be equivalent to the stock tie rod after I install the Ducshop link.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Measure ride height now and then try to set it again to same with new parts. Then you see if you need to modify that tie rod.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Measure ride height now and then try to set it again to same with new parts. Then you see if you need to modify that tie rod.
Thank you for the reply. I was hoping to have any mods done before my suspension comes so that I can finish the install in one session. I hear the Sato rod is already made pretty short and so it should work without mods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts