Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thnaks for the heads-up, Jeff!

I planned on riding through that part of the East around then. I will seriously consider building my spring run around this destination. -Capt

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Not too sure. I've been wanting to do the ride for a few years, now, but always have something else going on. My wife is riding her own bike, now, and doesn't care much for groups, so if we have a bike riding vacation available, I think she'd prefer to do something else, but......I may talk her into it.....we just need a babysitter for the weekend.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Funny I actually stayed at that Quality Inn on my way back from the "Dragon" a few years back. Alas, not enough vacation time , my bike trip this year is the Gaspe Peninsula in Quebec.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smegtheprez said:
my bike trip this year is the Gaspe Peninsula in Quebec.
You and Pete Egan, eh?

·
Registered
401 Posts
flynfink said:
You and Pete Egan, eh?
Yeah, sort of, I had already made my plans and then my Cycle World showed up with that article in it. Gives me a few pointers on places to stay. Though I will have two of my riding buddies with one of whom being of French Canadian descent speaks fluent "French" or Canadian version thereof so that will help.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I think that I'm in.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Hate I'm going to miss that - since I live in North Carolina - but I'll be riding in the Pyrenees. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
And the $50 registration is for..........?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey John,

The club provides sodas and pizza at the Hotel on the Friday evening, a diner with door prizes on the Saturday night and you get a tshirt. Come on out! We have a very relaxing and fun time. I get to ride a bunch of roads that are too far from here for a day ride. We talk $hit, kick bike tires and drink beers in the parking lot in the evenings. If the weather is going to be good, we could hook up and ride there and back together. What do you think Butch?:) I know that Marvin will make the trip.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Rick and butch,

So are you planning on staying on Mt Airy for the weekend or commuting back and forth to Asheville?

If either of you are interested in staying in Mt Airy, let me know.

I may just ride up Saturday morning and join in on the fun.

Thanks

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
geospencer said:
Hate I'm going to miss that - since I live in North Carolina - but I'll be riding in the Pyrenees. ;)
MC or bicycle? I drove a car following th TDF route several years ago thru, and the following year spent the hardest week of my life bicycleing..

Don't go off the edge of the road and watch out for cattle and cattle grates..

Oh and and have fun.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NCRick said:
Hey John,

The club provides sodas and pizza at the Hotel on the Friday evening, a diner with door prizes on the Saturday night and you get a tshirt. Come on out! We have a very relaxing and fun time. I get to ride a bunch of roads that are too far from here for a day ride. We talk $hit, kick bike tires and drink beers in the parking lot in the evenings. If the weather is going to be good, we could hook up and ride there and back together. What do you think Butch?:) I know that Marvin will make the trip.
Yup,
G/F and I have Friday off and are planning on taking the long way up to Mt. Airy from Charlotte.

Look forward to meeting ya'll.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
flynfink said:
MC or bicycle? I drove a car following th TDF route several years ago thru, and the following year spent the hardest week of my life bicycleing..

Don't go off the edge of the road and watch out for cattle and cattle grates..

Oh and and have fun.

R1200GS! I've been on the TDI route in the Alps! Can't believe people actually ride bicycles through that.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Rick, I plan on attending, talking shit and drinking beer are a few of my favorite things.
JohnBoy I think that I would be staying up in Mt Airy.
All of this is pending approval from the little boss lady. (See I'm talkin shit already)

·
Registered
193 Posts
butch,

All three days?

You wanna split a room?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm envious. Beautiful part of the country you folks have. Was down there probably about 5-6 yrs. ago and met some great people for a few day rides.

Seems like the Blue Ridge can be a bit too tempting for serious corner carving. If it wasn't for our litigious ways, I'd say it's ripe for an Isle of Man stage. :D

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
JohnBoy, I am thinking that I will head down on Fri (AM) and returning Sunday, but I am pretty flexible. Yeah bunkin up sounds good. I'll send you a PM and we can work out thr details.
Butch

1 - 20 of 44 Posts