Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Ducatisti in the Netherlands?

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  chris748sp 
#1 ·
Hi guys! I've been an expat in the Netherlands for a while now and still don't know many Ducatisti here. It's a bit weird for me cos in the other 4 countries I've lived in I found the crowd upon arrival basically. I know you guys are out there somewhere! :D

I was on my way to Italdag yesterday and fell victim to the apparently well-known gear selector spring issue on my 749s so never made it. Plenty of you Dutchies saw me stuck at the roundabout near the event waiting for my help to arrive, yep that was me (hangs head in shame). Being fixed now FYI.

Anyway I was just hoping to connect with some riders in or near the Gooi area as most the meets I find are usually in other parts of the country.

Desmogezellige greetings!

#2 ·
A bit late but welcome :) There are plenty of Ducatisti in NL, actually the Dutch Ducati club in NL with 4000 members is one of the biggest in the world. Quite a pity you couldn't make it to the Italdag but there are plenty of opportunities to meet Ducatisti at other events. There's monthly meetups in every region. If you're from the Gooi you could check out this one:
Regio Midden Beusichem | Ducati Club Nederland they meet every third Sunday of the month or you can drop by here in Amersfoort.

Maybe meet you soon.

#3 ·
Thanks MCA2! Yes, it's a shame I ended up spending the Italdag day at the workshop instead of at the meeting. I did have a pretty good view of everyone leaving while I was stuck at the roundabout :p I attended last year and had a great time and was hoping to repeat that. The riding season seems completely over with all this rain but hopefully there will be some freak dry/sunny weather on an upcoming weekend so I can take one of my bikes out!

Thanks for the info, I might check out the Beusichem meeting. I'm not a member of the club but I'm on the Dutch club's FB page so I can check out news and meets. Amersfoort is quite close so easier for a quick outing in iffy weather!

#4 ·
I guess you can drop by in Beusichem without being a member, although I guess they?ll try to convince you to join

Riding season is over, at least for my Duc. And as soon as the salt hits the roads we have to wait even longer. Motorbeurs end of February can help you get through the winter

Let?s aim for a ride somewhere this spring, should be fun.

#8 · (Edited)
Yes, glad I made it too! I sped up a bit going through the notorious roundabout from last year just to make sure I didn't spend any more time there, lol! I was there a little later so I guess we didn't cross paths then. We also went along the Lekdijk (south side) on the way home but it was a bit busier at that time. Cyclists, classic cars going for a drive, pedestrians and a gixxer dude being a douche. You know, the usual ?

Any other interesting events coming up?

#9 ·
This a becoming a thread with a yearly interval ? And again, 1st of September Beusichem is the place to be! Let’s hope the weather will be a bit better than the past few weeks. Other Ducati Club NL events are listed below, although the season is nearing the end.
https://www.ducaticlub.nl/evenementen/

Furthermore, not Ducati but always very cool, is the Nationaal Veteranen Treffen in Woerden, the 21st of September
https://www.nationaalveteraantreffen.com/

Anyway, to send me personal message here on the forum and maybe we could meet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.