Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you live in a city apartment/condo and bring your bike in for storage around this time of year?

Just got the bike at the end of august and didn't have much time to ride it :/

It was pretty darn cold riding today and is only going to get worse + sandy is taking a big dump on us.

Cheers :) I gave it a nice wipe down and now I can't stop staring at it.

Let's see some pics if any of you have some!

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,890 Posts
Haha. Reminds me of last winter when we hauled my friend's Hypermotard up three flights of stairs to his condo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. Reminds me of last winter when we hauled my friend's Hypermotard up three flights of stairs to his condo.
:D

Lucky for me I'm on the 1st floor so I rolled it in the front door. People were really puzzled. Like very.

·
Super Moderator
8,267 Posts
I pulled mine into the elevator up to the 5:th floor.
My neighbors just shook their heads.. Go figure! :D

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I tried to do it at my last apt. There was a freight elevator that went down into the parking garage. Made some measurements, looked like it would juuuuust fit. Waited until 1 am when no one would be around, took off them mirrors and had to manhandle it down an L shaped hallway. Got it into the elevator... And discovered about 2 inches of the rear wheel was sticking out, blocking the door. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,890 Posts
Remove the rear wheel and mount the swingarm stand with the handle pointing forward. You'll have plenty of room to get it in the elevator.

·
Temporary greeter
23,095 Posts
I tried to do it at my last apt. There was a freight elevator that went down into the parking garage. Made some measurements, looked like it would juuuuust fit. Waited until 1 am when no one would be around, took off them mirrors and had to manhandle it down an L shaped hallway. Got it into the elevator... And discovered about 2 inches of the rear wheel was sticking out, blocking the door. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Did you try it on an angle?

Here is my contribution to the thread :)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Remove the rear wheel and mount the swingarm stand with the handle pointing forward. You'll have plenty of room to get it in the elevator.
Can't do it anymore. That was my last place, my current spot has a tiny elevator and really anal-retentive staff.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Did you try it on an angle?
That was angled. If I had two helpers I could have just lifted the front slightly and it would have gone in. But I didn't and I decided to not try again, after sweating and straining at 1 in the morning and hoping no one would check the surveillance tapes the next day. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just ride it up and down the stairs. If you get to tight corner, just stand that bitch on end and go around the corner on the back wheel.

Totally doable. Saw it on that movie Torque.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Loungeroom

I use the excuse that it is artwork !

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only nut. Showed this thread to my gf hoping she'll understand, but all got was an eye roll. Oh well. :D

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Boy do we cherish these motorcycles....are we absolutely freakin' nuts! I doubt an owner of a Jap brand would go to such lengths. Ducati should do a picture book about this stuff. I just measured my back door and if I remove the fairings I can wiggle it into my rec room this winter. My wife will just have to deal...:)

·
27,525 Posts
I have a probably stupid question, but...what about fumes? Do you guys drain the tanks and float bowls? Or is that just something you get accustomed to after a while?

I'm thinking about bringing my SS into the living room this winter. :think:

·
Temporary greeter
23,095 Posts
I have a probably stupid question, but...what about fumes? Do you guys drain the tanks and float bowls? Or is that just something you get accustomed to after a while?

I'm thinking about bringing my SS into the living room this winter. :think:
I don't usually put them indoors, but I had 4 of them in my office last year when I ran out of room in the shop. I didn't smell a thing. Of course I am probably used to it.

If they made a cologne with the smell I would buy it :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I drain my fuel tank empty, then run the bike until it stops running. Let it sit in the garage for a day before moving inside. It does not smell. I have some "dryer" sheets on bike frame (two sheets) just in case, but really no smell. Then I cover the bike with a high quality cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
for those who bring their bikes indoors and live in a place with high efficiency windows and doors. If your bike has a full tank, DO NOT turn on lights or oven.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts