Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this air filter?

Look like a good alternative (and much cheaper then the over priced BCM). Looking for input...Pipercross or stock style is not an option.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You cannot beat the price.. I wonder how well they seal at higher speeds? I could see them leaking air around the front and back where there isn't any plastic screws..

Are you going to get a set?

48tlr

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
Looks like you actually reduce the filter area by a factor of 2 or so from a stock filter (or close to it, anyway... It's a guess...). What gains do you expect to get from these? More filter area?
More air flow?
Cost?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I want to better understand why to use these.

And, sorry, I plead ignorance... why not Pipercross or stock? (Don't even know Pipercross) and I've found that stock doesn't suck...

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like you actually reduce the filter area by a factor of 2 or so from a stock filter (or close to it, anyway... It's a guess...). What gains do you expect to get from these? More filter area?
More air flow?
Cost?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I want to better understand why to use these.

And, sorry, I plead ignorance... why not Pipercross or stock? (Don't even know Pipercross) and I've found that stock doesn't suck...
In my situation, it's because I have oversized air runners with no provisions for stock style (pipercross) air filters. If I had a choice, Pipercross would be the filter to use.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We used to sell those many years ago.
We used to get a lot of complaints about sealing.

-M
Thanks for the heads up. What do you recommend for oversized runners? I don't feel like spending $200 on BMC, that's just ridiculous to me for air filters.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Pipercross makes an in box filter that mounts to the walls of the airbox. That looks like it has a very good seal and a lot more filter area.

Pipercross air filter kit : 748/916 Induction kit

It is $159 if you use the Motowheels passwords.

I have not tried this one yet but it looks like it would perform much better than the BMC or the Ducati Only filter.

-M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts