2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this older thread/post by Kurt904

you're welcome. The software is from ducatidiag

HitCounter

Software forum here:

ducatidiag :: Diagnostic and maintenance software for Italian bikes

A bit hard to follow at times but persevere with it.

you also need
1 VAG KKL 409.1 EOBD lead and
1 Fiat/Alfa/Lancia EOBD adaptor lead. This one must have the positive and negative battery connection leads

I got both my leads from Amazon

On the download link there's 2 versions of the software, one for our older bikes (version 3c) and one for all the new bikes. The version for the newer bikes requires you to get a (free) licence by dumping a copy of your ECU into a file and sending it to the software developer.

Theres also a program for setting the cambelt tension using an oscilloscope type thing.
This may well be the answer for those not afraid to get into their ECU to tweak things not only to "fix" the factory settings at the RPM where noise and emission tests are done, but also map to suit different air filters, cans etc.

Note - I have not used it, as I have TuneBoy in my 900, but on the face of it it appears to give you control.

On the ducatidiag web site there is an excellent step by step guide written by DropLock, who I guess, like me, uses the same user name on various forums.

Register on the site, then go to the International section, then scroll down to the sticky "Getting started with ducatidiag"

There are also threads and stickies on ECU models and software versions required.

Have fun and read, read and read, before you embark.

Richard

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi there,

Ducatidiag won't let you change much on the old ECUs like the 15M or the P8. You can monitor various parameters in real time including the engine rpm to set idle speed, and you can also set the TPS but I think that's about it. The idle trim is preset to 50 and can't be adjusted on the 15M. Remapping can't be done either. Not sure about the new version for later ECUs though. Apparently there's not a working version for Siemens ECUs yet either.

I've only used this on my SSie with a 15M ECU so hopefully others will chime in with their experiences with alternative ECUs

regards,

Kurt

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

Ducatidiag won't let you change much on the old ECUs like the 15M or the P8. You can monitor various parameters in real time including the engine rpm to set idle speed, and you can also set the TPS but I think that's about it. The idle trim is preset to 50 and can't be adjusted on the 15M. Remapping can't be done either. Not sure about the new version for later ECUs though. Apparently there's not a working version for Siemens ECUs yet either.

I've only used this on my SSie with a 15M ECU so hopefully others will chime in with their experiences with alternative ECUs

regards,

Kurt
What a bummer! I had the impression it could do more in the 15M.

I will watch the site for updates. TuneBoy works well in my 15M, but many people complain that TB do not answer their emails, which is a shame.

Richard

·
Registered
118 Posts
As Kurt said you can monitor but little else.I 've used it for TPS settings and monitoring my air temp sensor.Found that there was a discrepency between what the sensor said and actual air temp.Turned out to be a little oxidization in my weather pack connectors.You can use it for basic diagnostics.I'm on the beta test for the trimmer settings,but it's not working as expected.JP is supposed to be working on the glitches.As far as the later ecus they can be remapped through a writers program purchased on Diag.As Richard said read,read ,read.A little tough sometimes with Google tranlate(it's a French site).

Regards Bill

1999 Ducati 900SSie
1988 Honda NT650GT

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
Note that the older ECU version of ducatidiag is a much newer app than the one for the 5.9m and 5am ECUs. JPL is working on new versions. It will take time and some demand from the folks with older ECUs. With that, we may get more attention. For what it does, it is great. If JPL and folks could attack the 1.6m and 1.5m chips with a slick app and some instructions for burning EPROMS, ducatidiag would be just as powerful for our older bikes.

BTW, there are some extensive threads about ducatidiag in the HM and ST forums.

Have a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts