Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had also sent this into that forum but was looking to get some quick feedback. So two nights ago I loaded the license into ducatidiag and went to do the dump. I hit the dump button and then my laptop locked up. So I unplugged the cables and called it a night since it was getting late anyways. To ensure I didn’t do any “damage” to the ECU I started the bike up quickly. When doing so I got the service light that came on quickly when starting, but went out. Question is, I don’t remember seeing the light come on before when starting, is this normal it lights up? Also, I am also wondering is it possible to do “damage” to the ECU even though I don’t have a writer? Just wondering how much trouble I can get into using this.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You should be able to clear the error/service code using Ducatidiag once you get it running again. As for damage, no idea, sorry. Be mindful of your "+ & -"'s you surely do not want to send voltage anyplace that is not expecting it.

t_bare

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ducatidiag will put the ECU in programming mode when you initialise the dump function. This will turn on the engine check light. But, no data is or will be written to the ECU, so the process is safe. It may well be that because the process didn't complete, when you turned on the ignition subsequently, the engine check light flashed for a bit.

No need to worry with only the diag program. There is no permanent or critical damage you can do with it. You need the Writer program to really mess things up! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I keep hearing about this ducatidiag, but I am not sure exactly what it does or what I can do with it. My 1098 has the DP ECU that came with the full Termi system. Is it as simple as buying a special cable and loading software on your computer? What kind of stuff can you do with it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I keep hearing about this ducatidiag, but I am not sure exactly what it does or what I can do with it. My 1098 has the DP ECU that came with the full Termi system. Is it as simple as buying a special cable and loading software on your computer? What kind of stuff can you do with it?
Plenty! You can remove O2 sensors, exhaust servo, edit fueling and ignition timing, reset service, see Dtc messages etc!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how do I get it out of the mode it's in? Re start dump, unplug the battery or simply just plugging the computer back in?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
303 Posts
So how do I get it out of the mode it's in? Re start dump, unplug the battery or simply just plugging the computer back in?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
You mean the engine check light is still on? If, for any reason, the process gets interrupted and this happens, it should clear just by cycling the ignition off and on again. If not, then you can use DD to "clear the DTC" as it is called in technical terms. This will turn the check light off. No need to disconnect the battery.

After this, you can proceed to do a dump, no worries. In fact, I think that if you were to ignore the light and recommence a dump, then at the end of the process it would automatically clear the DTC. Give it a try. As i said, DD is safe. The Writer program is a different story and requires more care - and certainly, certainly under no circumstances should a write to the ECU be interrupted!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Plenty! You can remove O2 sensors, exhaust servo, edit fueling and ignition timing, reset service, see Dtc messages etc!
Sorry, but DD does only let you see and clear DTC, do idle fuel trim and generally look at things. To disable O2 sensor and the other things, you need the companion Writer program which is a separate and licensed product.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sorry, but DD does only let you see and clear DTC, do idle fuel trim and generally look at things. To disable O2 sensor and the other things, you need the companion Writer program which is a separate and licensed product.
As said you will need the writer software. It will cost you 100 Euros. With this you can flash the ECU with a different map. You will also get access to a big banc of maps. With this you can dump your map, edit it in the ECM software (that is free) and upload it to the ECU again. You can change any parameter that you want to change in the map. The tricky thing might be to know what to change :)

Jocke..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts