Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased the proper cables from a fellow Forum Member and now need to download the best software for working on 748/916/996 era Superbikes. I am admittedly thoroughly monolingual, so English language usage (or a viable work around) is a must. First rodeo with this stuff so any and all advice appreciated, including just tips and tricks to get the most out of whatever platform I go with. As always, thanks for any and all assistance.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
i've not used ducati or jp, but i believe it's the same thing renamed after the ducati part became a problem. i think you have to register to use some parts of it.

guzzidiag, or the iawdiag non guzzi specific version, is free. i've used it a lot, works well.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I use the TEXA system in my shop it works great for me. But it is expensive for someone who wants something for use in the home garage

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,304 Posts
From the web site IAW Diag works with these ECUs
P7, P8, 16M, 15M, 15RC, 15P, 59M, 5AM, 5SM, 5DM, MIU1, 7SM, MIUG3
From memory the bikes you listed will be P8 or 16M.

It is free however if you use it, I urge you to donate as it is not for profit and is amazing.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you gentlemen for the input. Hit a snag with possible memory capacity on the laptop while trying to get JP to run this weekend, will investigate further and likely be back for more help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts