Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done the search but no luck. Filed a thread from this forum some time ago with this exact title but it no longer opens.
Recall VIN: ZDM1XBLW69B021050 to ZDM1XBLW99B024296
I have it deciphered pretty well except for the 'W69' and 'W99'. My understanding is that the last '9' indicates the year, 2009, but what's the preceding number all about i.e. the W'6' vs the W'9' and would W'5' (my number) make the recall (RCL-09-005 on fuel hose/fuel pump) non applicable? Would think so... Dave

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Characters 7-8: engine information code assigned by manufacturer
Character 9: A check digit used to verify the accuracy of the vehicle identification number.
Character 10: That's the year

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Characters 7-8: engine information code assigned by manufacturer
Character 9: A check digit used to verify the accuracy of the vehicle identification number.
Character 10: That's the year
Thanks for your help on this.
Prior to posting I looked in a number of places for the information but didn't think to go to an obvious(?) source...the Service Manual, where it's all spelled out...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VIN Number Decoding - more questions

[QUOTE=Montfort;
VIN: ZDM1XBLW99B024296

Ok, so the last 6 characters of the above VIN represents the frame production number of the 1198S to a certain date (taken from RCL-09-005 issued this September) i.e. 24,296.
Is this actually the total production for the 1198S only, or does it also include other models, like the 1198 Base for instance? I'm curious as my
1198S frame number is 21,623 while the engine number is 961.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts