Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering what the odds of getting "sufficient" trade in value for my 2000 996?

I was looking at maybe getting into an 848 and Ducati has this Forza promotion that claims maximum trade-in value.. Any idea?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Kelly blue book says 4,900-5,100 dollars, sounds about right, although I would try to private sell it first.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I heard that is was depending on what model you are looking to buy. The extra allowance was anywhere from an extra $500 to $1000. Nothing to exciting. I haven't had a chance to actually get a trade in price from my dealer due to work. But I will soon.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
WW is right. We, like pretty much all dealers go by NADA when it comes to trade value. What Ducati is doing is based on the bike you are buying, re: looking to trade for an 848 would yield an extra $400 over their TIV(just an example).

Just be cognizant of the whole deal. Some might try to give your trade something less in order to take advantage of the allowance. This would basically give them the allowance from Ducati but give you nothing. If done correctly, you can end up with a nice trade in value for your bike.

Personally, do the free service in stead of the extra trade $. Look at the program, it's one OR the other. If a deal is done correctly, you can walk out with a great value on an 848 and nice TIV for you bike.

One of things people fail to remember is that they want max value for their bike with the lowest price for the new bike, heck we all want that BUT it doesn't always work that way. Would you sell your bike for the lowest deal, then buy one for the highest price? Their is a margin in which a dealer can play with and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, their's give and take on both sides.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was going to post this exact question.

I am getting frustrated probably more so that I can't sell my used bike in the private market, but I can't seem to get anywhere close to what my bike is worth on trade in at my local Ducati Dealership. I just figured Ducati would do anything on trade in value to sell more new bikes. I don't care about the maintenance program, b/c there is no way I would put 7500 miles on my new Ducati within 13 months, so It adds zero value to me. So I like the idea of the TIV incentive program. I am looking at a new 848 or 1098s by the way.

I contacted Ducati North America to see if they could explain the program to me, and possibly have them help me out on my TIV with my local dealer. I told them if they could help me on the TIV, I would go up to my dealership tomorrow and buy a new 848 or 1098s. Heck you never know, it might just work out.​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts