Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Did anybody buy ducati tool 88765.1518
It is cam degreeing tool. What is included? Is dial indicator included?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I believe that's just the dial indicator and 'leg'. It's considerably cheaper to source it outside of Ducati if you're wanting to do manual camshaft degreeing

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to this photo everything is included so billet aluminum dial mount, adaptor between fork and dial indicator , fork, i saw few of this tools selling without dial indicator so that's why i'm asking. Also i don't know if there is different billet aluminum mount and fork for intake and exhaust side ? tool is actualy cheaper than tool that blocks both cams. it is approx. 215€ from ducati

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
i still use an old 998 tool i bought on special years ago. it came with an indicator, and was originally $900. so that tool seems cheap to me if it does have an indicator. but generally they did come with one if it was shown in the catalogue.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So tool includes everything except dial gauges. So now i have to figure it out for what range (0-10mm, 0-25mm, -30mm) of dial gauge is this tool made ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kaemna is selling dial gauges with 30mm stroke. I will wait for replay from ducati to be sure.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Almost any pawn shop will have dial indicators for sale cheap. A piece of proper length welding rod with one end slightly flattened, split and bent to shape inserted into the end stem of the gauge.

A piece of hardwood cut to shape and drilled, 2 mount holes, center hole for gauge. Fastest and least expensive...

If you are going to use it regularly, the factory version or the metal mount may be better for durability long term.

The one I made for single use was fine and did what was needed accurately.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is no problem for me to male this tool alone but if i calculate cost of milling turning,... it would me expensive.

Other thing is that if you want correct valve lift reading axis of valve must bi inline or paralel with axis of dial gauge otherwise you do t get correct valve lift.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought this genuine Ducati tool from Ebay for 300euros..No, wait..it was some other tool..I made this myself, cost about 1,3 euros. Because old dial was stolen..loaned from work..For milling I used Einhell angle grinder and then 35 years old Kemppi welding machine I used to glue parts together. Works like dream and very nice to look..just like my gf ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
My first attempt:

A bit flexible, about 0.03mm of hysteresis, next time i will try with thicker plate.

I also can't unscrew the comparator contact point.
It's only a matter of brute force or is better to clamp the shaft to not damage it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts