Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Having a problem with my new pressure plate.
I removed the old one, and installed the new one,
But now I can’t tighten the springs like the old one. Seems like the new pressure plate is not as deep as the old one. This is the second pressure plate I am trying. Any ideas? See pictures

For information, it’s a slipper clutch.

Cheers from Norway

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I can't tell what brand your new pressure plate is. As long as the tolerances are right it should go on. I wouldn't trust cheap eBay items. The pressure plate and clutch studs need to be indexed properly. There is a mark on one of the clutch studs and there is a mark on the OEM pressure plate that go together. If your new pressure plate isn't marked that is most likely your problem. If that's not it the machining is out of tolerance for the clutch spring/stud bolt depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
That's a slipper clutch and a normal pressure plate wont fit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Looks like a Ducati STM one so look at those.

Looks like it may need a new spider and bearings as well.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Whoops. I overlooked that it's a slipper clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Looks like a Ducati STM one so look at those.

Looks like it may need a new spider and bearings as well.

Wondering what makes you say may need new spider and bearings? Not being argumentative, just trying to learn.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Always best if you are not sure how long it's been together to replace some things. They are not expensive. It may be it just needs removing and cleaning and I think greasing with the bearings. Not familiar with that type but I always strip mine from time to time.tonclean and inspect

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hi Guys!

Having a problem with my new pressure plate.
I removed the old one, and installed the new one,
But now I can’t tighten the springs like the old one. Seems like the new pressure plate is not as deep as the old one. This is the second pressure plate I am trying. Any ideas? See pictures

For information, it’s a slipper clutch.

Cheers from Norway

View attachment 986179 View attachment 986178 View attachment 986177
View attachment 986176
View attachment 986175

You have a slipper clutch, so you need to use a pressure plate that suits a slipper clutch, notice on your original one there's no teeth on the inner circumference because it needs to "slip". your pretty red replacement is for a std clutch assembly and has teeth to keep it the same speed as the inner hub.

Not just any slipper type pressure plate will do either, there are different brands with different stack heights which are relevant because the posts are a set height and the pressure plate locates on those and rests against the "stack" which also has to be a specific height to work correctly.

It looks like a genuine install or ducati performance which will likely be a "bucci" but a ducati performance slipper pressure plate should work, and they come in red!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts