Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a contact to a Ducati Sport Classic 1000 Limited Edition owner. This model is exclusively US and I need some information about the used size of the golden stripes which going over and across the bike. Anyone one the list who has one or know someone?

·
Registered
251 Posts
What exactly do you need to know?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Got one too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you get me the dimensions of the golden stripes? width of the small and the big one as well the width of the gaps? I am customizing my Monster in a similar fashion and looking for the best way to do it. Does the stripes on the side have the same dimension as the one which goes on top of the mudgard and tank?

Thank you very much and this is a need bike pls keep it.

Regards

Ingo from Berlin, Germany

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ingo,
I am not sure if this will help, as I do not have a metric ruler, but the closest i can tell is that the two skinny Gold stripes are just under three sixteenths of an inch in width, the black stripes are one eighth of an inch and the large Gold center stripe is exactly one half inch.

Anyone out there care calculate the conversion?:confused:

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Ingo,
I am not sure if this will help, as I do not have a metric ruler, but the closest i can tell is that the two skinny Gold stripes are just under three sixteenths of an inch in width, the black stripes are one eighth of an inch and the large Gold center stripe is exactly one half inch.

Anyone out there care calculate the conversion?:confused:
3/16 ~ 4.75mm
1/8 ~ 3.2mm
1/2 ~ 12.7mm

·
Registered
758 Posts
I know the decals for the standard Sport 1000 can be ordered from the dealer. I'd guess they have the replacement decals for the LE too. Why not just order a set and have an exact match, and the stripes to be perfect from the start? I'm also sure it will be MUCH cheaper than having something painted (ask me how I know :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help and answers I received. I guess that I can start working with the metric and inch dimemsions you guys have given me. The reason why I am not just can buy a stripe set at a Ducati dealer is that I am going to customize my Monster in a similar fashion. the shape of the tank is very different so the Z-style will not work here. However, I try to use the same stripes and diamension as I think the design department did a good job and the size ratio seems to fit the overall dimension of the tank and seat combination. I probabely will not have it painted. Today you can work with graphic designer who already have a printer and would print to your requiremnts and sizes. They also will stick it to the bike and I guess as they doing it for living their hands are probabely much calmer then mine. I will be ready next spring and try to post my results. Again I like to thank again everybody for the support. So long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
as I think the design department did a good job and the size ratio seems to fit the overall dimension of the tank and seat combination..

Hi, Wasn't the Ducati Department, i did it the design on this bike. found some gold vinyl and started messing with it for our project bike BACK IN BLACK...

Here are some pics from the process...

Some pipes we wanted to fit but the budget wasnt enough...:(

my design based on this bike

but then Ducati took the bodywork in Italy and they released as Darmah inspiration :)rolleyes:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Astroman, please tell me you at least got a Thank You out of this from Ducati! :mad:

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
You're my hero. :)

When I get my aluminum tank, would you be willing to paint it up like stock?

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts

Some pipes we wanted to fit but the budget wasnt enough...:(
Thread hi-jack!

Boy, would I like some more photos and information on that exhaust system!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thread hi-jack!

Boy, would I like some more photos and information on that exhaust system!

We never finished..:( Needed many hours on the dyno to get the exact lengh for both cylinders and we had given an exact budget for that bike... :eek: But i wish we did because looked bad ass... a year or so late NCR had one in New Blue...:)

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
^^ Are you in this pic? ^^
Are you allowed to disclose your identity, Astroman? The dude in the background (you?) sure does look a lot like Stuart .... :think: :D
The exhaust is kick-ass indeed; too bad that one never saw production :mad:

RonB

·
Registered
7 Posts
^^ Are you in this pic? ^^
Are you allowed to disclose your identity, Astroman? The dude in the background (you?) sure does look a lot like Stuart .... :think: :D
The exhaust is kick-ass indeed; too bad that one never saw production :mad:

RonB
Hi Ron this is Giannis, i bought your SR500, yes all is in the past now, history, this is Stuart and Jeff on the left....

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
completely off topic

Hadn't recognized you behind the screenname astroman, Giannis. Something like Apollo or Odysseus might have been more appropriate for you :D Good to see you dropping in!

How is the weather in Athens? You left "just" in time .... we had snow, freezing rain an really cold temperatures in the Houston and Dallas area on Friday and in to Saturday. All is back to normal now.

For our friends here; I got an SR500 and started a cafe project. The SR was worse than the seller had made me believe; got it running, but when it broke down for the umptieth time, I put it in the back of the garage. A few years late, I blew of the dust, sold it to Giannis and he turned it in to a fabulous StreetTracker. Pictures attached for your enjoyment.

RonB

PS - Jeff and them are not good at answering e-mails :mad: maybe too busy. Or maybe I'm asking the wrong questions :think:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts