347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good shop for service and a good selection of parts....Phoenix
area....My local dealer is Ducati Scottsdale....Just looking for other ave's

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've heard good things about Tom over at Tom's Italian Tune And Service. But I hear he's out of town until Sept. I'm looking for any alternative as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive heard that also..However Jason Pellenghar just left Ducati of scottsdale. They are sending the other tech to school.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey everyone,

I am the Master Technician at Scottsdale Ducati or Go AZ Motorcycles. My name is John G. in case some of you know who I am already. Jason did leave the dealer. He moved to Virginia for another shop. He and I were the ONLY two current Master Ducati Techs in Arizona. Now that he moved out of state, I am the only current Ducati Master Technician in Arizona. I also went to Bologna Italy in December 2007 to complete my Desmosedici training. I am also the only D16 certified technician in Arizona. I have completed all of my training with Ducati, which means I have done all four level three classes. Which are Ohlins, Dynojet, advanced engine blueprinting and advanced electrical. There are only 14 Master techs in the USA currently. Ducati recently invited me to Indy for the Moto GP race to compete in the Master Tech shoot out and help with the Ducati Service tent on Ducati Island. Ok, I do not want to sound like I am selling myself too much. Anyways, I have changed a few things with the service department since I took it over and I feel it was for the better. I want the shop to be a place that you guys don't just come in for work but come in to say hi, hang out and see what is new. I am there all day every day we are open and would love to meet you guys that I haven't yet and show you around. This Saturday we are having a BMW demo day with a few vendors, food and sales. I know it is a BMW day hahaha but Saturday is going to be a great time and everyone should stop in and say hello. So, whether you have heard of us or if you haven't heard anything at all please come in and check us out. Victor in parts has many years with Ducati, Brian C. in sales is VERY kowladgable with Ducatis, and we are all very passionate about the brand and lifestyle that Ducati brings. Thanks for taking your time and reading this and hope to meet some of you on Saturday!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John G and Brian C.....Thanks for the message.....Love to meet you this Sat.
I would love to look around.. I work in the Serv Dept for Bell Rd Toy...

Brian and Victor (the great) also Jason P, (when He was there) have always taken great care of me...I made Brian work real hard for my deal...He did a great Job...THANKS AGAIN Brian!!!....

Look forward to meeting you on Sat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting John at WSBK in Laguna Seca. Sadly, he's moved out of state and is currently at Pro Italia in SoCal :frown2:

I've heard good things about Tom as well from two fellow Ducatisti who have had more Ducs than I've had shoes.

Thankfully my MTS is under 2yr factory warranty and I sprung for a service plan so I'm covered on almost everything(except for the stupid screw in my tire recently) through about 37.5k. I'll probably get the extended wty before the 2yrs is up, but did find out from John that the DSS has been a nightmare and probably should've gone for the older model with the Öhlins, but getting this one "new" with a warranty made more sense at the time.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Anybody using DTR Motorsports? How about the Phoenix dealers, GoAZ and Ridenow Euro? The good, the bad and the ugly....
Great guys at DTR, they do a lot of bikes for the races/trackdays at Inde and Phoenix. There is another Independent up in Phoenix, but he is on this forum so he can speak up if he wants to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bumping an old thread; last post was two years ago.

Who's in business (independent) now that can offer great service/care for our Ducati's in Arizona? I see 2 Guyes website is still working, but unfinished. Looking for all options. Don't mind dealers as long as they do great work. That hasn't been a great experience in the past.

Post up! Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts