Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any such thing as a competent ducati servicing workshop in Sydney?

I've now tried two, and had no end of problems.

Does anyone have any recommendations from personal experience?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Ducati Penrith is very good - go see Geoff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
226 Posts
I'm in Wollongong, and use Frasers down here (Ducati, Harley and Yamaha dealer).

I'vr found their work excellent, and they honest with their charging.

You can have a sensible chat with them, and they will remember you later.

They have only 2 mechanics, 1 specialises in Ducati, the other in Harleys, so the service is personal.

Usually a 1 to 2 week wait to get a booking tho', but they do work some Saturdays for short jobs.

Worth investigating - and the ride down here is a good one. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I agree with Kel, gowanloch's is the place to go.
I've found Frasers and Ducati Penrith to both be wankers, that's my experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
Don said:
Ducati Penrith is very good - go see Geoff
have to agree with don, from personal experience, geoff is one of the best mechanics around, no-nonsense either, which is refreshing when most others just talk crap!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I would recommend Northside Motrocycles at Artarmon who have looked after my bike since it was new and I have had nothing but great honest service from them.

Have also had dealings with Tim at Casoli (www.casoli.com.au) on the Northern beaches. he also has lots of goodies for sale!

Hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
I agree with Bazz777 I have spoken/made inquiries into accquiring a steed for my stable with heaps of buisness, some i would defenettley not recomend but at this point in time I have found Fraser in Wollongong the best and most helpfull in working with me in my inquiries (being interstate and viewing is imposible) wich we are hoping translates into a purchase. calnt say anything for Gowanloch's as I have had no dealings with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
I have tried a few so far - here's what i found:

Frasers Wollongong - the Duc technician is a wizard and very very competent.. i take both mine to the Gong now for servicing ...Gowies are great too, have not tried Penrith, and will never head north again...
I also have non warranty/log book work done by Flywheels in Alexandria - Ron & Rob both trained on Ducati's and they can also do dyno / and offer Rapid Bike modules (like a power commander) ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
AK749 said:
I would recommend Northside Motrocycles at Artarmon who have looked after my bike since it was new and I have had nothing but great honest service from them.

Have also had dealings with Tim at Casoli (www.casoli.com.au) on the Northern beaches. he also has lots of goodies for sale!

Hope this helps
Casoli no longer - closed the business .... i think the servicing side is still going, but is not and never was Tim doing the work ...
 

·
Tightly Clenched...
Joined
·
962 Posts
ozducati said:
Casoli no longer - closed the business .... i think the servicing side is still going, but is not and never was Tim doing the work ...
I was going to say the same thing, they shut up shop a while back after their big sale. The link given above takes you to the UK Casoli website. :D
 

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Have only ever bought parts from Ducati Penrith, because no-one else in Australia had the gaskets I was looking for at the time!! Can't say I would hurry back, as placed order at 2.00pm on a Friday only to be told - "no can't send them today - its too late to get to the Post Office, you'll have to wait until Monday, or Tuesday for us to send them" Me - :confused: They were however in quite a hurry to debit my Visa!

On the other hand have bought lots of parts for our bevel from Gowanlochs and they are absolutely brilliant. On one occasion one of the aprila lenses for an indicator broke in transit. I rang them told them that and ordered some decals as well. Net result I got a new lense and the decals for free! Fantastic and prompt service. Happy to recommend them.

I have also had my bike serviced once by Frasers in Parramatta - not again. It wasn't that they did a bad job, it was just that their client service left a great deal to be desired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I agree with you 748girl.
I went to Penrith once to buy a workshop manual (approx $300) and was told "sorry we don't have eftpos, try the service station across the road". ???????
Are they trying to run a professional business or what!
So if you turn up to pay for a major service to your superbike, they expect you to lump along $1500.00?
Also Frasers at Homebush treated me very poorly with customer service, I was there at 8:00am waiting for them to open so I could be first in - first out as it was a minor fix and a warranty repair also. "Sorry one mechanic is sick, your bike will be ready by 5:30"
And then they never fixed the problem, I had to pull the tank off and trace it myself!

Needless to say they have never seen me again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Geoff is a bit strange in his ways re eftpos and credit. And yes he won't head off to the post office, due to it being a one man operation. He will do COD. But as far as working on your bike, he's up there with the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
smack said:
Geoff is a bit strange in his ways re eftpos and credit. And yes he won't head off to the post office, due to it being a one man operation. He will do COD. But as far as working on your bike, he's up there with the best.
I am in total agreement.
Why should he close his shop just to send you a set of gaskets.

Cheers,
 

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
PeterS said:
I am in total agreement.
Why should he close his shop just to send you a set of gaskets.

Cheers,
Heavens, how I am to know he is the only person there??? I guess I am used to dealerships that have more than one person working in them. If he had explained to me that that was the situation I perhaps would have understood? As it was I just got a bad feeling and didn't feel good about handing out my money. I will remember that in future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I've seen Geoff smile once. He's a nice bloke, but you do need to know him a bit. Last time I spoke to him, he was back to being a one man show. He had an apprentice once, and also a shop manager, but I think he prefers to work alone. Told me that he checks his email on Fridays or Sat morns, then replys and/or does the mail order stuff. Posts on Mondays. I get my stuff COD from him because he has no credit card system.

Bastard can ride though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
smack said:
I've seen Geoff smile once. He's a nice bloke, but you do need to know him a bit. QUOTE]

Nothing against Geoff, as i do not know him, but i have to ask why is it that we need to get to know someone or be a mate of someone to get any sort of service/customer service ?? especially from dealers, i can name a bunch of dealers that people speak highly of because the senior mechanic or workshop manager is a mate, yet everyone hates the same dealership service departments because they do generally crappy work on everyone else's bikes, or just don't give a hoot??
I understand customer service, and have my own business, but if i treated my customers the way i have been treated by a few dealers then i would be out of business...of course i have some good clients who spend a lot of money, but cannot treat the lesser ones a whole different, as they may want to spend a bucket of money tomorrow...the whole industry needs a BIG shake up...i am not hard to please, just want to be treated with a bit of respect and feel like the dealer or service manager is listening to what i am saying...instead of the general "yeah yeah" and nothing is done...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
ozducati said:
smack said:
I've seen Geoff smile once. He's a nice bloke, but you do need to know him a bit. QUOTE]

Nothing against Geoff, as i do not know him, but i have to ask why is it that we need to get to know someone or be a mate of someone to get any sort of service/customer service ?? especially from dealers, i can name a bunch of dealers that people speak highly of because the senior mechanic or workshop manager is a mate, yet everyone hates the same dealership service departments because they do generally crappy work on everyone else's bikes, or just don't give a hoot??
I understand customer service, and have my own business, but if i treated my customers the way i have been treated by a few dealers then i would be out of business...of course i have some good clients who spend a lot of money, but cannot treat the lesser ones a whole different, as they may want to spend a bucket of money tomorrow...the whole industry needs a BIG shake up...i am not hard to please, just want to be treated with a bit of respect and feel like the dealer or service manager is listening to what i am saying...instead of the general "yeah yeah" and nothing is done...
Totally agree
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top