Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of restoring my 1968 Sebring 350. I have the frame stripped down with the exception of the fork. Can anyone give me some advice as to how I can dismantle the fork from the frame.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Remove the fork caps, loosen the clamps on the lower triple, and pull...

As for the triples, remove the stem nut, pull the upper triple. If the lower doesn't fall out when yo udo that, unscrew the lockring and/or bearing cone and pull the lower out. If it's stuck tehre may be a ball bearing wedged somewhere.

If you're having trouble taking them off, you're going to LOVE trying to put them back on. Getting the fork tubes back up into the top triple without a tool is tons of fun if you are using the stock headlight mounts.

Doesn't the shop manual cover this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the fork caps, loosen the clamps on the lower triple, and pull...

As for the triples, remove the stem nut, pull the upper triple. If the lower doesn't fall out when yo udo that, unscrew the lockring and/or bearing cone and pull the lower out. If it's stuck tehre may be a ball bearing wedged somewhere.

If you're having trouble taking them off, you're going to LOVE trying to put them back on. Getting the fork tubes back up into the top triple without a tool is tons of fun if you are using the stock headlight mounts.

Doesn't the shop manual cover this?
Thank you for the info. I will try again today. I have three shop manuals but the only show the exploded picture of the yoke and forks. I was pretty sure the yoke slid out after loosening the clamps but I didn't want to damage anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts