Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the Roadside assistance provided by Ducati is good on new bikes for a duration of 2 years.
But what happens after 2years. Are you still able to call the number and pay for the towing service if need be??

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
In Oz, about a month before expiry they send you a new membership card with an invitation to keep subscribing. The company providing the service asks AUD$140 per year. I just got this in the mail. Your choice.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thats pretty good value at $140 per year. Just like being in the NRMA.
shit, they would need a helicopter to get me out of some of the places ive been if i break down!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I understand that the Roadside assistance provided by Ducati is good on new bikes for a duration of 2 years.
But what happens after 2years. Are you still able to call the number and pay for the towing service if need be??
The service company you call is under contract through Ducati. The service company will, if applicable, try to get you underway again with advice to remedy your particular mechanical issue. If your Duc remains in a no-go state the company will arrange a towing service known to them (not the people you call) to retrieve or revive your cycle. The service will reimburse you if you have another tow company do the job. Or, reimburse you to tow your own bike to the shop on a mileage basis. In the U.S.A. the maximum amount to be allotted for any of these methods = $200.00.

I imagine that the service company receives compensation from Ducati in one or both of the following ways. By a per call/episode basis and/or a contract retainer where they get paid X per period of time the company handles the service. Outside the 2 year agreement, you may be adding to your bill for the service to arrange what may be needed.

Check your motorcycle insurance policy. Are you paying for Roadside Assistance? This is one option but check your policy for limitations.

I will be looking through AAA (now that my 2 years will expire) for an additional method (beside insurance) for long distance towing as one seldom can foresee when, where, or how far a cycle will need to go on the hook.

Of course you can take your chances and pay a towing service out-of-pocket if need be.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
In Oz it seems a little different.
I have used them twice in the early life of the bike and they simply show up with a flat back truck and cart the bike to the nearest Ducati dealer only. The have the usual "every attempt to get there quickly blah blah.....). The second time took 3 hours to get to my home 7km out from central Melbourne. If you are in the sticks, break down outside a pub.

There never has been any attempt to get it going and I don't think they even had a screw driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts