Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am quite happy with the stock mirrors on my '17 DVT. I hope to someday see blind spot detection like the have on new cars. Don't laugh. It will happen.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
I am quite happy with the stock mirrors on my '17 DVT. I hope to someday see blind spot detection like the have on new cars. Don't laugh. It will happen.
The only time the blind spot nearly got me into trouble on the bike was when some dipshit was flying up an onramp then merged behind me but very rapidly approaching at much greater than flow of traffic speed which was heavy/slow (pickup truck... which is the norm DBMobile around here). I was changing from left to right lane... I always check mirrors then turn my head to look when changing lanes on an expy... but this guy was on the onramp where I couldn't see him and then the next second he was in my blind spot and about to be next to me in the lane I was changing to (with zero chance of being able to slow that gigantic turd if I got in front of him). I VERY NEARLY missed seeing him... just seeing something fast moving out of the corner of my eye when I turned and looked.

Not sure a detector would get that guy either... and If I was used to relying on the blind spot detection and didn't bother to look I'd probably be dead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts