Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got my hyper a few days ago and got the right hand Euro switch to turn off the lights so I dont blind my neighbors window when I pull up. Where is the connector? Ive traced the line from the original switch but lost track when it reached the where the ECU plugs in (right hand side under fairing).
Will this even work, looks the same switch wise. If not I'll send this to the Classifieds. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That's an interesting part. Can you post a pic of it installed on the bar?

If you need a wiring diagram, check my sig.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Manual says #29 is "Front stop light connector". I am not sure if that is what you are looking for, but I have no stop lights on the front of my moto. (Unless they are referring to the brake lever...)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Strange... I don't have a right hand Euro switch to turn off the lights...
I wounder which country that have it.

Oh hi from Sweden by the way.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
afaik, the light switch was discontinued a few years back.

i got a euro light switch for a 916, that i fit onto my mh900e ... and last trip to the factory a year back, i did not see ANY bikes on the production line with the euro light switch ... i think safety laws have killed this in recent production years.

but, wtf do i know ... perhaps someone makes an aftermarket switch that works.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the delay. Going to take off the nose and see if I can find the plug. But I got this a while ago and thought I would put it on my 749 and never got the chance to. Looks just like the stock part on the hyper but cant find that stupid connector, Its all covered in tape on the right hand side of the fairing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ah, that's what that blank on the switch is for...

The diagrams show it under the tank and on the right side, behind the ECU.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It wont work :mad:

The cable/plug is too short and then turns into the little white connector (smaller) in the pic, from there our little friend plugs into the ECU I believe. Now u know what that plug on the switch is for :D Its now going to the classifieds, I'll wait a bit so u guys can check if your 749/999/monters/multistradas have the same connector.

Attachments

·
Banned
935 Posts
?#

Dp # 65040081a

Fit's 749 / 999

List 86.99

65.00 Most Dealers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts