Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Awesome post cheers, this year its going to be a battle between the monster twins, 1290Rs 1st and 2nd last year, and now the 1260 Ducs, i can't wait. who's your money on? the 1290s are private entries with little mods , so I'm leaning the Multi's way....ps, a tuono 1100 factory raced last year but was down around 9-10th, no factory backing, but on the hill big torque is what seems to win, and the 1290R makes more torque at 4500 revs than the 1100 tuono makes at max, so id still bet on the big twins to take it out.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
I believe that having full factory supported teams is a relatively new thing. When Carlin won in 2011 on the Multistrada, it was with the demo bike off the floor of his dealership.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Why is Aprilia not participating?
There is one participating by the look, 2016 1100 Tuono factory. I couldn't see last years winner on the list, just the one privateer 1290R KTM.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Awesome post cheers, this year its going to be a battle between the monster twins, 1290Rs 1st and 2nd last year, and now the 1260 Ducs, i can't wait. who's your money on? the 1290s are private entries with little mods , so I'm leaning the Multi's way....ps, a tuono 1100 factory raced last year but was down around 9-10th, no factory backing, but on the hill big torque is what seems to win, and the 1290R makes more torque at 4500 revs than the 1100 tuono makes at max, so id still bet on the big twins to take it out.
Chris Fillmore, the guy who set the record with KTM last year is riding the 790 Duke this year. Only one 1290 running this year, with Rennie Scaysbrook riding.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Chris Fillmore, the guy who set the record with KTM last year is riding the 790 Duke this year. Only one 1290 running this year, with Rennie Scaysbrook riding.
790 KTM, has going to be interesting, the 690s went well there last year.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I have full confidence Carlin Dunne will win on the Multistrada. You could put that guy on a Honda Elite and he would still spank everybody.

Reactions: HNMTS1200

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Hmm I'm digging the look of that shorty Termi... loud as F i bet. Can't wait for the run vid.

1260 vs. 1290... interesting matchup, I've not seen any info yet about what the 1260 is doing tuned.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
HSBK used to send riders and were supported by Piaggio in some capacity (think less than Ducati with Spider Grips). They recently moved from Houston to OK and I think their plans are on hold while they figure things out.

Good point on the torquey bikes. However with a 1100 cc displacement and a 50 lb (?) weight advantage you would think Aprilia could do better than the Multi... think they're pretty evenly matched weight wise with the SDR.

Does anyone recognize the wheels on the Multis?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Obviously rooting for the Multistrada to take it, but the KTM is so well suited for the course, it will be hard to beat.

Anyone know how we can watch live? Via online stream or some channel? We have Comcast at home.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Now that it's paved all the way to the top, why not a full on sport bike to set the record? Or is that a separate category?
I think the heavyweight category does not allow bikes that have clip-ons stock.

Edit: Also, I don't think it's been repaved in a while and so pretty bumpy... wouldn't want to be on true supersport.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Unfortunately, the event isn't filmed. The only way to watch is in person.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Now that it's paved all the way to the top, why not a full on sport bike to set the record? Or is that a separate category?
No clip-ons

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Unfortunately, the event isn't filmed. The only way to watch is in person.
The last multi record was gopro'd (you can find it on youtube... I watch it when I want to get my blood pumping - it's like the US version of IoM).

I suspect this one will be to.

Reactions: SO FUN

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
The first time I watched the on board video, I thought it was sped up. Crazy fast riding!

This board wont want to hear it, but I'm taking my SD up it in a couple weeks.

Reactions: SO FUN

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's really too bad that they paved it.

I'm also rooting for the Multi.

I rode out to Co and one of the highlights was riding Pikes Peak. It's scary, vertigo inducing and simply gorgeous.

There's a series of switchbacks that need a super torque motor. The challenge will be keeping the front down, not corner speed.

I was getting my Multi serviced at a shop in OC where the owner showed me they were working on one of the Pikes Peak Race bikes. I went over to give it a look. Wow, just wow,,, I just pushed the bars down to feel the difference in forks,, WOW, the difference was like nite and day. Those forks cost 10 grand, each.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Does anyone recognize the wheels on the Multis?
Oz Racing Carlos Checa WSBK Replicas, same as Ducati has always used on their PP race bikes, AFAIK.

It's funny, to me anyway, that Ducati takes a stock PP Multi, removes basically everything that makes it a PP version, and races up PP with it. All that's left is the cosmetic stuff.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts