Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps

I’ve always wanted an Ducati, having always had Hondas, so when I moved to Vancouver I bought an unloved ST2.

My last bike was a 2016 Africa Twin that I rode off-road across the USA, then west-east across Canada. Have a look at the link in my signature for the blog.

I’d really like a 916, 996 or 998 but will have to tinker with my very grumpy ST2 for now!

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms! We are super happy to have you here. :)

I have had my Ducati for 15 years and it has always been a blast, no regrets here.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I cant get past "an Ducati":D ok, over it. Ducs'll get you through times of no cash better than cash'll get you through times of no Duc. OK, wait.. I could almost see "an Honda," if the H were silent, as in "an honor".. ahh, don't mind me.:abduct:

·
Registered
3 Posts
No regrets.
Just ride one and fall in love; then it's just a matter of knowing how to properly maintain it, especially 200* and earlier models.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
The only regret might be the cost /issues due to buying a neglected/abused one. But then again maybe not. A customer of mine bought his first Ducati st2 used from a shop and has had issues from the prior owner . clutch master,clutch pack,missing parts and a bent output shaft! We tuned it and fixed the clutch and even though the shaft is bent there is no good reason to fix it at this point so he is happy to leave it until the day it becomes a issue.

Oh BTW he loves his Ducati (even with these issues) enough that he is looking to add another one to his garage. I also have a customer who gave his st2 to his son in law to replace his blown up honda vfr800 and he has no plans to go back as he is enjoying the better handling bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My regret was buying one!

2013 MTS 1200, bought new, maintained above and beyond recommended, 11,700mi and the crankshaft broke. Repair costs basically totaled it. DNA basically admitted (verbally) that they knew it was a material defect and won't even cover the parts required to repair.

Bike was a blast up until now though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts