Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this interview with Filippo Preziosi, the Director of Ducati's Racing program. He talks GP shop and talks specifically about Hayden. Thought I'd pass it along: http://bit.ly/1QmAqP

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nice find I always wondered what the story was with the dude in the wheel chair in the Ducati garage. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My pleasure....now you know...I've been snooping around to find more details on the accident that sidelined Preziosi so if anyone has any info, please share.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I found it very enlightening. My arguement during the famous Keep/Fire Hayden Debate was that Nick's lack of results were more to do with a lack of technical staff for the "B" and satellite riders. Stoner's absence afforded Nicky some very brief attention from the front line race engineering team. He made progress...and just as I suspected Stoner's return has put an end to any real/serious support of Hayden. It shows. I'm glad Casey returned, and wish nothing but the best for him. I just wish Ducati could get their shit together enough to get two bikes at the front. It ain't Nicky/Marco/Troy's fault. Casey is an enigma, without him they would be fucked.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
So Kingsnake...

Ya' still think Nicky's just riding around and making excuses?
Well let put what I think about Hayden into context here... the simple answer is YES!!! That isnt to say that Hayden doesnt have some team issues and that is not to say that the bike is perfect. I just cant stand to listen to a guy shoot himself down before the race even starts. Hayden is constantly say stuff like "Im just gonna do the best I can with what I got" We all know what that means... It is a sign of where his mind really is.... Its like a fighter that fights to not lose. Look at Lorenzo right now... That guy is doing everything he can and is still getting beat by Rossi, but you can tell by the things that he says he TRUELY plans on winning the next battle. With Hayden I get the impression that it is just lip service. Also I stick to what I have said all along it is the riders job to make the bike go fast... that means getting out and pushing it and coming back and telling the crew what is going on so the can work out the bugs... Obviously Hayden (and many others) have struggled to get that done with the Ducati. but Hayden mid season success followed by failure shows there is a break down somewhere... I tend to say that fault is on the riders and the team not the bike.
Im sure some of the usual suspect will blast me on this but I really dont care... I read the same stuff as the rest of you and listen to the same interview that ya'll do and that is consistantly my take on Hayden. I dont care if you guys like Hayden or not. I dont know they guy personally he is probaly a great guy... or maybe not. I dont know or care. As a racer Im just not impressed with him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts