Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we approach the EICMA Motorcycle show next month in Milan, the rumor mill is stepping up as to what models Ducati will unveil for the 2010 model year. The Ducati Multistrada / Strada Aperta have been well uncovered and the Ducati Hypermotard 796 has already been formally announced but Ducati claim they have some surprises in store when they will unveil a significant amount of new products at a press conference prior to the show – including new Ducati models that have not yet been subject to media speculation!!

So what is your guess for the 2 other models beyond the Strada Aperta and Hypermotard 796 that Ducati has in store for us?

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
A smaller Streetfighter, like a 796 and maybe a smaller Sport Classic, also like a 750. Given the economics I think it's just going to be a mix and match thing for them now. The dream of Ducati continuing the Desmocedici RR line with new models based on their MotoGP bikes is unlikely in my opinion.

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I go along with the others who have said that any "new models" will just be spin-offs or upgraded ("S" or "R") versions of existing models. A new, real sport tourer coming out at a time when I am in the market for a new bike would be too much to hope for.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Well Bill, we're all hoping (at least I am) along with you. An 1198 ST4s would be an awesome thing.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
A Sport Classic 750, called a "Supersport", and coming close to the looks of the vintage model. Direct comparisons and debate ensue on all of the message boards...

·
Registered
137 Posts
something real small capacity, think the small ninja from kwak. low cost learner friendly etc.

Maybe a 250 to 400 cc single cylinder bike in the shape of the hypermotard.

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
Lucky [email protected] take pics! :p

I'm still crossing my fingers they bring back a SS. But please not the cruiser idea no no no!!!:eek:

It's all of 40 miles away. Since I live outside of Italy (CH) I get to go on the first day!

I'll go with my girlfriend, and maybe one of my daughters (the other has to work). No problem with pictures, my girlfriend takes more than I do, and I just got my (new) camera back from being fixed.

Tom

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
It's all of 40 miles away. Since I live outside of Italy (CH) I get to go on the first day!

I'll go with my girlfriend, and maybe one of my daughters (the other has to work). No problem with pictures, my girlfriend takes more than I do, and I just got my (new) camera back from being fixed.

Tom
Lol, you might want to explain to the 'mericans on this board what CH is... :D

1 - 20 of 118 Posts