Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else tried to install the DP tail tidy kit and reuse the stock turn signals? The kit says to mount the turn signal rubbers through the steel replacement base, but they just don't want to go. When mounted stock, the plastic pieces bolt half-and-half over the turn signal base.........with the replacement, you have to lube up the rubber and force it through a hole. I am now recovering from a major screwdriver stab wound in my left hand and a severely deflated ego.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm very interested in the DP tail tidy...

Anyone else tried to install the DP tail tidy kit and reuse the stock turn signals? The kit says to mount the turn signal rubbers through the steel replacement base, but they just don't want to go. When mounted stock, the plastic pieces bolt half-and-half over the turn signal base.........with the replacement, you have to lube up the rubber and force it through a hole. I am now recovering from a major screwdriver stab wound in my left hand and a severely deflated ego.
Do the DP led turn signals for the streetfighter mount in a different way?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes; rather than forcing the rubber base through a hole half its size, the DP turn signals bolt through a hole in the tail tidy base. I just like the look of the stock signals vs. the whole fast-and-furious look of the smaller ones and the DP kit said that the stock ones would work.
ama

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes, it looks like the DP

Yes; rather than forcing the rubber base through a hole half its size, the DP turn signals bolt through a hole in the tail tidy base. I just like the look of the stock signals vs. the whole fast-and-furious look of the smaller ones and the DP kit said that the stock ones would work.
ama
turn signals would fit via the DP catalog... Maybe that's how you'll have to go ultimately. Sorry about the hand. I hate it when things dont work as advertised...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Could you...

turn signals would fit via the DP catalog... Maybe that's how you'll have to go ultimately. Sorry about the hand. I hate it when things dont work as advertised...
Post some pictures of the DP tail tidy? I'm especially curious about the underside andif my plate will fit the holes on the non-euro bracket.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post as soon as I can............the kit includes mounting brackets for both European and US plates...................US plate one is perfect.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thank you for posting the photos!

That's the ticket for me! Looks Great! Not to be a pain, but can we see a pic directly from the back? I want to see how the view is from directly behind the bike...

Thank you for posting!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from the back.......just for you, Jones.

By the way, I painted the two radiator covers semi-gloss black today......exact match for the radiator ends. It looks like it should have been that way all along. I have no idea why Ducati decided those needed to be the only silver parts on the Streetfighter.

ama

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thank you sir!

By the way, I painted the two radiator covers semi-gloss black today......exact match for the radiator ends. It looks like it should have been that way all along. I have no idea why Ducati decided those needed to be the only silver parts on the Streetfighter.

ama
Just what I wanted to see. Thanks for taking the time...

·
Registered
309 Posts
DP Tail Tidy...

Hey ama, where did you source your DP Tail Tidy? I've called a few online resources and nobody has one in stock...

TIA.

·
Registered
181 Posts

ama
Yes, I agree, the rad covers should be black. Will be doing that soon. Also, need a personalized 'Duc' plate.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I, too, inserted the oem rubber in the tidy bracket with little problem-you have to sort of screw them in and..bob's your uncle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts