Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ecu will not register miles on the odometer, can i program it to work? 03-04 termi full system with DP ecu

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
doubt the ecu has anything to do with it.the dash assy monitors the odometer

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
closest one is about 3 hours away, im not to worried about it. i love the bike and it is a paid for "toy", which falls into my never sell it catorgory. it does say "race" on the ecu. i just thought that if it was a simple few buttons on the cluster.........

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It switches from US to EU and shows only metric measurements of speed and miles. There is a technique of buttons on the handlebars that will switch it or, you need to have the dealer do it. Do a search here and I bet you find it. The guy that did mine took him all of 20 secs.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
ahh,i thought you meant your odomeer went to 0,not the odometer reads in kmh instead of mph.your owners manual shows how to cycle through the differant formats on the ''clocks'' its a simple fix

·
Registered
46 Posts
You don't need to take it to the dealer to have them do it. The procedure isn't in our owners manuals, but it IS in the service manual (which I have). Same thing happened to me when I put my DP ecu in...converts itself to EU settings and they need to be switched back to US settings. Here's the procedure:

Hold the switch in position A ^ (up) while simultaneously turning the key to the on position....release the switch after about 2 seconds

The meny will contain 3 functions
1. Reprogramming the Immobilizer (Repr. Code)
2. Setting the units of measurement (set unit)
3. Moving the exhaust valve for service (set exvl)

While in the service menu, select (Set Unit) and press the selector switch down (position B) for 3 seconds

Each time you push the selector switch down once it will scroll through the sequence of options for measurement, including EU, UK, USA, etc...

Push the selector switch down and hold to select the current flashing option on the screen. The word "mem" should appear indicating the option was stored to memory and the setting will take effect at the next key-on cycle. Turn the key off, then back on and start the bike up if you'd like. You now should be back to US settings

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my odometer DID go to zero. my speed is showing in mph but my temp is showing in celcius. when i first turn the key on instead of showing 999 it shows 881 with an asterik beside it as well.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
my odometer DID go to zero. my speed is showing in mph but my temp is showing in celcius. when i first turn the key on instead of showing 999 it shows 881 with an asterik beside it as well.......
Odd...odemeter information is stored in the dash display, not in the ecu....so my initial thought is the odometer going to 0 has nothing to do with the ecu unless the ecu and odometer on the dash are linked in a way I'm unaware of. Sure you got the correct ecu? Either that or your ecu could be defective. Some of the Termi kits have been coming with bad DP ecus (and some of the stock ones have also been bad). If you got it on ebay tell the seller you want a new ecu as the one you have isn't correct...or have it warrantied at the dealer if you bought the ecu there. Something doesn't sound right

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Odd...odemeter information is stored in the dash display, not in the ecu....so my initial thought is the odometer going to 0 has nothing to do with the ecu unless the ecu and odometer on the dash are linked in a way I'm unaware of. Sure you got the correct ecu? Either that or your ecu could be defective. Some of the Termi kits have been coming with bad DP ecus (and some of the stock ones have also been bad). If you got it on ebay tell the seller you want a new ecu as the one you have isn't correct...or have it warrantied at the dealer if you bought the ecu there. Something doesn't sound right
the ecu says 999 on it, and the bike runs great with no problems at all

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
fix what? the actual ecu says 999 not the display, display show that weird 881'- looks just like that, but the bike runs great.........
I see, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought that the dash now said 999.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Even though the bike is running great it still could have a glitch in it. All you changed was the ecu, so I refuse to believe the problem lies within your dash even though that's where the odometer information is stored. I think there is a problem in the area where the ecu relays certain info to the dash for display purposes

·
Registered
490 Posts
Damn. You guys know everything about Ducatis. That's why I love this forum.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts