Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a nice rear steel sprocket for my '09 SC1K and I can't seem to find the Ducati OEM sprocket in 42t. Do they make one?

What are my alternatives?

Post pics if anyone has something different than stock

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Not sure if DP has 42 now
We sell Superprox and they had the 42 but do not have the 42 now for the 525 chain size.
I ran the 15/42 for the first 15K and have recently replaced it with the 14/41
when I put on a new chain.
I had great results with the 15/42
and I am having excellent results so far with the 14/41
You may want to consider 14/41. The SC seems to have a good following of people with this set up.
BTW
I did a 520 conversion at the 15/42 and have continued it with the 14/41.
More variety seems to be available in the 520 size.

Supresprox has the 42 but only in the 520 chain size.
The rear sprocket in the 520 is about $85 with the life time guarantee
The 520 Kit which is the 520 chain, front sprocket and the rear sprocket has a good kit price. About 240 shipped
Email me for a quote if this interests you. I can get you a discount.
[email protected]

other wise you may find the DP sprocket in 525 with 42T but I have a feeling it is pretty expensive just for the Sprocket.

JC

I am looking for a nice rear steel sprocket for my '09 SC1K and I can't seem to find the Ducati OEM sprocket in 42t. Do they make one?

What are my alternatives?

Post pics if anyone has something different than stock

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I currently own the Supersprox 42T in 525 but I am not all that happy with it. I am just not sure I dig all the gold. Kind of takes away from the classic look a little IMO. the dealer put it on and I do love the gearing.

I just think I should decide on a rear sprocket soon because I want the front and rear to wear in the same. Is this correct?

I would consider going to 520 but I am not sure it would be worth it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
they stop making it. It is worth calling a couple ducati dealerships to see if they can order it, as they only stop making it 1-2 years ago, and might have some sitting on the shelf.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I bought my GT new in April '08 and ordered the DP 42 tooth sprocket at the same time. It took a few weeks to get, but as of a year ago they were still making them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called my dealer today and they said that DP doesnt have a 42T.

He recommended:

Sunstar
JT
and Vortex

Anyone has a personal experience with any of these brands? I heard Vortex's wear quickly but he said he liked his. I would like to stay away from Aluminum.

Also have been thinking about the EK black chain. Anyone have a picture or experience with that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts