Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

i recently purchased a 2015 panigale 1299s.

I parked it only to find it tipped over on the right side. Camera footage showed someone pushing down.

anyway, the right mirror broke. My friend that has ducati 1299 had a spare mirror. I rode the bike to his place and parked it.

while we were trying to install the rigth side mirror I pulled the handle towards the right to get more space to install the mirror.

the throttle aluminum bar just broke off. it was probably cracked from the tip over.

we ordered the new bar and installed the throttle and the rest.

tried to start the bike and it only cranks but does not start. I have charged the battery and it does the same thing

red few forums that talk about the throttle but nothing similar to what happened to me.

i hope someone has any idea what is going on.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
Put the old one back on and see if it starts. Not an expert but I doubt the the throttle has to be initialised by the ecu

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xracer,

i did not change the throttle. I just removed it from the handle bar and put it back. I did not even disconnect the wires. I am thinking the same though. It might need to go to ducati dealer for reseting or something.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Just an educated guess but if the tip-over event was jarring enough to snap the bar it could have easily rolled the throttle to it's hard stop pretty violently... perhaps the TPS was damaged? It's a long shot, but it definitely could cause the problem you're experiencing.

I parked it only to find it tipped over on the right side. Camera footage showed someone pushing down.
Really? What kind of fucking moron does something like this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ProphetPVD

Thanks for the tip. I managed to get the guy that pushed my bike. Lets say he is very sorry. Some homeless f...

To your point, i was able to ride the buke for many hours as I did not know the throttle bar handle was cracked.

only when it was fully in two pieces I could not start the bike.

i will send it to Ducati dealer on June 30. Lets see what they say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All

just FYI. Ducati Oakville resolved the issue in 20 min. The throttle wires were damaged. It was replaced and I got the bike same day.

So if the throttle wires are just a little lose the bike will not start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts