Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ducati to pull out of MotoGP? - Motorbikes - Motor Sport Magazine Thanks to miloVanMultistrada

The reason for bringing this over is becacause of this quote from the article "Did Ducati struggle because of this negative PR? Not at all: 2011 was its most profitable year ever. Not only that, the machines that made most of the money for Ducati were the Diavel and the Multistrada. In the USA these bikes helped Ducati’s sales grow by 43 per cent!". I was thinking that maybe its about time to consider a more viable race considering the Adventure machines of recent. I know there is Pikes Peak but could there be a race or races featuring the more practical "adventure bikes" of today coupled with a more likely setting? They could have more stock bikes competing in mid and full classes. The tracks could be a combo of SuperMoto, Pikes Peak and urban settings. IMO the Dakar and the like would not be on the practical side. The result, I think, would better engineering for this style of bike(I promote calling them practical) and bringing their developments to the showroom floor while promoting more comfort!

Stoner's dreaded pump and chatter - Motorbikes - Motor Sport Magazine

I think there is a definite market for such a race. As a kid from Chicago, I grew up going to the formula races through the city! This could even be a possibility bringing them closer to home and in direct contact with the everyday end users. The tracks could vary featuring the urban sprawled flats of Midwestern and NorthEastern cities or the hills of Westerns cities!

I could see them even incorporating the likes of Christini Christini Technologies, Inc. - World Premiere AWD Motorcycles which are due to feature a SuperMoto styled bike soon "the grapevine whispers"! Boasting the their developments or disproving! :yeah::crazy:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Stoopid Germans:confused:

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
That would be epic.

No, I don't mean the suv racing.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
The massive fallout if Duc were to back out of motogp.

Have a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts