Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is short notice but Ducati is the featured manufacture today on a one hour show called "Twist the Throttle" where Ducati's achievements will be examined. It will be on at 2pm in the pacific time zone. Its on channel HDT which is 754 on bay area comcast cable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's channel 281 I think on Direct TV... And don't worry it has come on a bunch of times...I was really excited about it, but only caught the second half....... and alot of it is interesting, like the road they test their bikes on, and the factory (showing the workers knocking and hammering some of these pieces on a brand new 1098 kind of made me cringe lol) but it showed alot of repetitive scenes, and they acted like the 999 and 1098 was the only motorcycles ducati has ever made...I dunno it looked like they kind of rushed to make the show

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the first 20 minutes on the history was good knowledge. "the USA sent in 75 bombers on a mission specially to blow up the Ducati building in the World War" or "that for every Ducati made 400 hondas are produced"
Of course the super bikes get most of the recognition, since they made most of the history in racing. They did have nearly 10 minutes with terrablache, the hyper and the story of how it was only made because of the internet buzz, which was cool.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
they also interviewed dan van epps, who is now CEO of bimota (another one of the brands featured in this series).

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up" sick50ford..had been wanting to catch that..

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
the whole "twist the throttle" series is pretty below par IMO. The guy who does the artificially "cool" low voice. The overarching statements, outdated info... same show with every brand except for the images changing... and even those are repetititive. Sorry to be negative, not impressed.

We need a motorcycle equivalent of Top Gear

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
will agree with your statement on the voice-over commentary dude ... but the video hi-def camera work is spectacular ... well worth the watch.

the whole "twist the throttle" series is pretty below par IMO. The guy who does the artificially "cool" low voice. The overarching statements, outdated info... same show with every brand except for the images changing... and even those are repetititive. Sorry to be negative, not impressed.

We need a motorcycle equivalent of Top Gear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts