Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out Tom Cruise's Diary on MTV. he has some SICK Ducatis at the track.

·
Registered
835 Posts
when was that on?

·
Registered
791 Posts
it was funny to see sway crash.. lol!!

anyways, "A" for effort for supporting the sport.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who knows maybe Katie Holmes is so good you'd lose your damn mind too! :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I must be too old............Who the hell is Sway! What a winner! A bike like that and on that track and he hits a whole 50 MPH. The bike slid about 15 feet when he went down.......must have really been moving!..."Mini bike line forms over here sir"

·
Registered
610 Posts
I belive Brad Pitt rides a Monster and a Confetrite bike http://www.confederate.com/ Besides even if Brad was as insane as Tom is, at least he does go on Oprahs T.V. show and beat her down!

·
Registered
364 Posts
By the way....Anyone happen to see the Duc Superbike kinda featured in the new Wendy's Hamburgers commercial? Its the commercial with the Magic Carpet. :alien:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Royb said:
I must be too old............Who the hell is Sway! What a winner! A bike like that and on that track and he hits a whole 50 MPH. The bike slid about 15 feet when he went down.......must have really been moving!..."Mini bike line forms over here sir"
I am in the boat with you on the "who the hell is Sway?" thing....but I also have mixed emotions about the whole debacle...I think this moreso shows what a putz Tom is in the way that he would put a new rider on a bike that he is unfamiliar with on a track in a circumstance where he could do harm to himself...on 1 hand is does show what dangers and how easily a bike can be dangerous and should be considered by anyone and the importance of gear (other than the modification of the helmet for the fitment of his hair!)....on the other hand it seems like a reckless endangerment for what purpose?....maybe I am slowly turning into an old codger or something?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
zooom said:
I am in the boat with you on the "who the hell is Sway?" thing....but I also have mixed emotions about the whole debacle...I think this moreso shows what a putz Tom is in the way that he would put a new rider on a bike that he is unfamiliar with on a track in a circumstance where he could do harm to himself...on 1 hand is does show what dangers and how easily a bike can be dangerous and should be considered by anyone and the importance of gear (other than the modification of the helmet for the fitment of his hair!)....on the other hand it seems like a reckless endangerment for what purpose?....maybe I am slowly turning into an old codger or something?
You hit the nail on the head right there zooom - echoes exactly what I thought about the whole thing.

·
Registered
791 Posts
zooom said:
Sway is a veteran vj/news commentator on MTV. I remember him as a DJ back in the days here in SF Bay Area - "Sway and Kingtech"

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well, that's 10 minutes of my life that I won't get back.

This video was essentially an advertisement for the movie MI-3, preceded by adverstisements for Toyota, a band, and MTV. I guess this is the future of "entertainment" - all ads, all the time.

At least he has a Duc, and a mean sounding one at that! I wished my Termi system sounded half that good.

·
Registered
135 Posts
migz123 said:
You hit the nail on the head right there zooom - echoes exactly what I thought about the whole thing.
well i dont know about it.. the green bike looks like its from http://www.superbikeschool.com/

probably up to the Sway and the school. it seems like Tom didn't even know he learned just yesterday, and everything was already setup for the show. maybe i'm defending Tom because his 999 sounds sooo awesome.

:)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
SpiderSense said:
well i dont know about it.. the green bike looks like its from http://www.superbikeschool.com/

probably up to the Sway and the school. it seems like Tom didn't even know he learned just yesterday, and everything was already setup for the show. maybe i'm defending Tom because his 999 sounds sooo awesome.

:)
YEs, it's definitely from the Keith Code school ... part of the "Dianetics" connection :D ... so of course the whole thing was planned, and Tom did know that Sway was in superbike school the day before... too bad for Sway it literally became a "crash" course on superbikes, as that faceplant was like a wack in the helmet with a based bat!

·
Registered
135 Posts
did you see tom's coach? My friend helped build that up at marathon, he paid eight million for it. It also has two special compartments for bikes.

·
comrade moderator
26,797 Posts
Now that's the way to do a track day: Have your people drive your 8 million dollar motorhome with a couple of your bikes out the the track you rented and have everything ready to go. Make sure your buddy Keith Code is there is case you need advice. You show up in a (probably armored) chaufferd suburban, get on your leathers in the 8 mil bus, go ride for a bit, park it, get changed, and be driven away.

I really doubt he broke a sweat. I'll bet his managers did, though!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Anyone know what model helmet that was? It said Arai.

Where do I get a carbon fiber helmet like he had?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
J24Joe said:
Anyone know what model helmet that was? It said Arai.

Where do I get a carbon fiber helmet like he had?
that was a limited edition Arai titanium....they made only a 100 of em last year....Carbon Fiber and all the metal bits like the emblem were titanium.....good luck finding one...they never officially brought any of em into the USA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts