Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
If Jorge can beat Rossi next race that price might just get higher - how long 'til Ducati has to extend Nicky's contract for the 2nd year - must be pretty soon

·
Registered
413 Posts
This just doesn't make sense. :crazy:What if JLo said yes. This is a lot more money than Stoner is making, so if he comes back he's the #2 rider?Somehow i don't think that would go down too well. And Hayden (and the US market) goes where - Yamaha? Hmmm- the 2010 1/2 Nicky Hayden R1 - think that wouldn't sell?
Okay, maybe Ducati knows Stoner isn't coming back. Then they must have a lot of faith in JLo's ability to ride the bike, which is crazy, because it's less JLo's style than almost anyone else out there. Whatever people think about Hayden's riding ability, he didn't quit like Melandri - he's hung in and improved over the year. What happens if JLo signs and has a few problems adjusting - does he react like Melandri or Hayden? I'm guessing Melandri.
The story does say it's Marlboro offering the money, but still you'd think Ducati has some say in who gets on the bike.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Lorenzo doesn't have the talent to ride the Ducati, its that simple. Stoner comes from dirt bike racing, his talent as a rider (not necessarily a racer) is far greater then Lorenzo, which is why from day one he's done well on the desmosedici. Lorenzo knows the difficulty of the Desmosedici...

With that being said, Lorenzo has said himself, he wants to stay at Yamaha, but is just keeping is options open. He understands the Yamaha is the easiest bike to ride, its that simple. Also, what would happen to Stoner if Lorenzo takes his place as the #1 rider? Would Stoner quit MotoGP to pursue a painting career with Troy Bayliss? I mean, the whole thing is a publicity stunt to keep Lorenzo at Yamaha, where he (in my opinion) will stay.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
9,757 Posts
Lorenzo doesn't have the talent to ride the Ducati, its that simple. Stoner comes from dirt bike racing, his talent as a rider (not necessarily a racer) is far greater then Lorenzo, which is why from day one he's done well on the desmosedici. Lorenzo knows the difficulty of the Desmosedici...
Dude I don't like jumping on the Tye-bashing bandwagon and I usually support you when your playing devil's advocate actually brings some valid points to light. That said, sometimes I wish you had the necessary education and foresight to know the time and the place for speculation and conjecture.

I honestly think you have no idea what you're talking about in that post.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Jorge can beat Rossi next race that price might just get higher - how long 'til Ducati has to extend Nicky's contract for the 2nd year - must be pretty soon
I doubt they will. Only if Stoner doesn't come back and Lorenzo turns them down. Kallio could replace Hayden.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

With that being said, Lorenzo has said himself, he wants to stay at Yamaha, but is just keeping is options open. He understands the Yamaha is the easiest bike to ride, its that simple. Also, what would happen to Stoner if Lorenzo takes his place as the #1 rider? Would Stoner quit MotoGP to pursue a painting career with Troy Bayliss? I mean, the whole thing is a publicity stunt to keep Lorenzo at Yamaha, where he (in my opinion) will stay.
Not true because Nicky comes from a dirt track background too and struggles on the Desmosedici like everybody else. The Desmosedici is a wild beast and suits the wild style of Casey. You see how he always crashed when he rode other bikes.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Not true because Nicky comes from a dirt track background too and struggles on the Desmosedici like everybody else. The Desmosedici is a wild beast and suits the wild style of Casey. You see how he always crashed when he rode other bikes.
Stoner couldn't get the tire's he wanted in 2006, hence all the crashes on the Honda on his first year in MotoGP. He was still an amazing rider though, out front for most of the season until the inevitable happened; Crash/Tires to worn.

Hayden hasn't been able to ride the "obviously easy to ride" Honda v4 800cc machine at all. Now he's at Ducati, doing his best, but its not his riding style. He doesn't do well with this new breed of bikes and the riding style that comes along with them.

Lorenzo WILL do better then Hayden because he's use to the riding style of the 800cc machine's, I have no doubt at all. But think of it another way... If Stoner was able to keep up with Rossi on a customer bike, on shitty-ass tires and in his first year of MotoGP, he's a better rider Capirossi, Melandri, almost anybody else on the grid. Lorenzo has been pampered; Best tires, Best setup, on Rossi's team, yet he still manages to crash out of races and his first season in MotoGP was disastrous I thought he'd never come back. Lorenzo is a better rider then most of the paddock, no doubt. But to win races on the same bike as Rossi, is like Stoners 2007 championship when he had the best setup of anyone else on the grid.

Anyhow, who am I to judge these guys. For all I know Lorenzo gets on the Ducati and does well with it. I'm just saying, I personally don't feel he has the skills to pull it off. Hey, maybe I'm totally wrong, only time will tell...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Hayden hasn't been able to ride the "obviously easy to ride" Honda v4 800cc machine at all. Now he's at Ducati, doing his best, but its not his riding style. He doesn't do well with this new breed of bikes and the riding style that comes along with them.
Interesting how other see things:
"The Repsol Honda team is the other prime destination for ambitious young riders. After two and a half years of struggling, the Honda RC212V is finally starting to come good, and should be competitive for 2011."

found here: http://www.motogpmatters.com/page/2010_motogp_rider_line_up.html

·
Registered
237 Posts
Why do you all assume they are planning on replacing Nicky??? Casey is the one with the mistery illness (mental problems) Nicky still has his Shit together No matter what his results are.....Casey is the one with the Bad attitude & not willing to make public appearances, I guarante you that Casey is on the Chopping Block... I've heard that they are looking into replacing Stoner, cause he is retiring from the Stress of racing for a while..... Think about it, they susspended him for 3 races.... Why? The posted article dosn't even mention Nicky. at all, thats a pretty clear sign to me, also Philip Morris is an American Company, wouldn't they want 1 American Rider &2/3 of Ducati sales are in USA, another good reason to have an American on the team, despite results....

Nicky is settling in & his results are improving & Most importantly he wants more....

·
9,757 Posts
I've been saying all along that it'd probably be a Lorenzo Hayden team. Lets just see how it pans out.

Stoner's fucked in the head. Randy Mamola totally let the cat out the bag by alluding on more than one occasion that Stoner needs to learn how to deal with pressure. Mamola is for all intents and purposes a Ducati insider without an agenda, and I take his word over any commentator speculation or anything coming out of Stoner's or Suppo's mouths.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts