Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
That would be a good risk to take for Cal. If he fails, well, he'd be in good company; but if he succeeds it could make his reputation and secure a solid future in the top class. I don't see a downside long-term.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't see a downside long-term.
The downside is losing 2 years of your career trying to get something to work that nobody else can. I imagine it'd also be pretty easy to lose confidence in yourself when you have a bike that wont allow you to be as competitive as you'd want.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The downside is losing 2 years of your career trying to get something to work that nobody else can. I imagine it'd also be pretty easy to lose confidence in yourself when you have a bike that wont allow you to be as competitive as you'd want.
IF Rossi is the one to leave Ducati than the bike will be known in the paddock as the career end all for most. There are now crazy rumors of Rossi starting his own GP Team next year. He can certainly afford it as he is #20 on the 2012 Forbes list of highest paid athletes in the world.

link: Soup :: Valentino Rossi: Team Owner? :: 06-21-2012

·
Registered
514 Posts
IF Rossi is the one to leave Ducati than the bike will be known in the paddock as the career end all for most. There are now crazy rumors of Rossi starting his own GP Team next year. He can certainly afford it as he is #20 on the 2012 Forbes list of highest paid athletes in the world.

link: Soup :: Valentino Rossi: Team Owner? :: 06-21-2012
I cannot fathom a scenario where Rossi doesn't leave. Hell, I'd like to see Hayden leave too for something competitive.

The idea of Rossi on his own team is pretty cool. I imagine he'd have no problem finding some huge sponsors, between the press he normally generates + the extra coverage of him being the first person (that I know of) to create his own team and race under his own banner.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I can't see Ducati getting rid of Hayden. I bet Rossi told Ducati he is leaving. Its just not officially out yet. I wonder what Bike he will have next year the Yamaha or the Honda?

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I bet he would go for a factory Yamaha bike (a Sic type of arrangement from last year w Honda) for his one man team just to chap JL's ass. I can't see him not getting sponsors behind the effort.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I can't see Ducati getting rid of Hayden. I bet Rossi told Ducati he is leaving. Its just not officially out yet. I wonder what Bike he will have next year the Yamaha or the Honda?
I'm not saying Ducati would want to get rid of Hayden, just that I'd like to see him make the decision to get on a better bike and fight for podiums again.

I bet he would go for a factory Yamaha bike (a Sic type of arrangement from last year w Honda) for his one man team just to chap JL's ass. I can't see him not getting sponsors behind the effort.
I'd bet Rossi would buy a Yamaha rather than experiment with a Honda at this point. He must know the Yamaha better than the Honda, based on all the input he dumped into those bikes in his time there. He'll do whatever gives him the best chance to succeed.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One thing is very true as to what everyone here said. Rossi would have no troubles what so ever finding sponsors to support his own team. I have to say it would be something if he did it. Dorna would certainly welcome it, they would not want their golden goose to fly away and go car racing now would they. ;)

·
9,757 Posts
I'd like to see Hayden and Rossi leave that piece of shit bike, they don't deserve to have their talent wasted on it. I would hate for Crutchlow's career to end on it as well.

I'd also like ole Pippo Preziosi to be given the boot. I don't care if he's a nice guy or if he's in a wheelchair. Fuckups like the GP3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 deserve a good head rolling.

Hell, fire all the top Ducati Corse guys and get some humorless Germans from Audi's lemans team to pick up the pieces.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
9,757 Posts
One thing is very true as to what everyone here said. Rossi would have no troubles what so ever finding sponsors to support his own team. I have to say it would be something if he did it. Dorna would certainly welcome it, they would not want their golden goose to fly away and go car racing now would they. ;)
If Rossi left, then that would leave Lorenzo and Pedrosa vs a bunch of shit CRT bikes that are slower than the Superbikes they have evolved from.

A far cry from the 990 days, (and even the detested 800 days) in terms of quality of the field.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I know this thread is about Ducati and Cal, and I would rather see Cal on the Factory Yamaha...

But what are the differences between the Factory Honda's, and Bautista's Honda? Is Bautista on last year's frame? He doesn't seem to be having the chatter problems..

If so.. the factory boys should switch it up.
I recently watched the POV Silverstone race, and it was very interesting...

Even in pre-season, Jorge was already being mentioned as the best rider when considering maintaining his tires.
Watching the race by POV... it was pretty startling to see the different lines these guys take. Much more noticeable than watching the normal broadcast from above on the GP site.
Stoner seems to be pretty darn early in to the apex, and on the gas through the turns a lot harder than the others. Especially watching the footage from Jorge's front end camera... you can really see the different lines. You can see Stoner being a lot harder on his tires.. even before the chatter crept up on him.

Cal talking to Ducati... and coming through the field for a 6th place finish?
I think that Cal is doing all he can at the moment to show his worth.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
But what are the differences between the Factory Honda's, and Bautista's Honda? Is Bautista on last year's frame? He doesn't seem to be having the chatter problems..
Quite a few. Bautistas Honda lacks the more finely tuned factory frame, it has Showa forks and Nissin brakes and a different swing arm.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
thanks for the info whippersnapper...

I will say this, those boys are not having chatter problems like the factory boys.
I'd be wanting to try some product swap if I was Stoner... not let his last title hope slip away 'cause of the damn tires...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quite a few. Bautistas Honda lacks the more finely tuned factory frame, it has Showa forks and Nissin brakes and a different swing arm.
Stupid question; but why is any motogp bike running Showa/Nissin parts rather than, say, Ohlins/Brembo? Are their Showa forks super advanced compared to the units that we mortals have access to? I cant imagine a team spending millions every year on their bikes, development, and rider salaries only to skimp out and use second tier parts on such crucial areas of the bikes...

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
i'd like to see hayden and rossi leave that piece of shit bike, they don't deserve to have their talent wasted on it. I would hate for crutchlow's career to end on it as well.

I'd also like ole pippo preziosi to be given the boot. I don't care if he's a nice guy or if he's in a wheelchair. Fuckups like the gp3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 deserve a good head rolling.

Hell, fire all the top ducati corse guys and get some humorless germans from audi's lemans team to pick up the pieces.
+1

·
9,757 Posts
Stupid question; but why is any motogp bike running Showa/Nissin parts rather than, say, Ohlins/Brembo? Are their Showa forks super advanced compared to the units that we mortals have access to? I cant imagine a team spending millions every year on their bikes, development, and rider salaries only to skimp out and use second tier parts on such crucial areas of the bikes...

Nissin and Showa are both owned by Honda.

IIRC all Hondas used specially developed showas until 2010. If I'm not mistaken they also used in-house electronics too.

You can bet your behind that the Nissin brakes and Showa suspension on Bautistas bike are a faaaaaaaaaaar cry from the stuff you get on a CBR.

I wouldn't call Bautista's components second rate, he's still quite fast with them. That said, the repsol squad is using the latest brembos and ohlins suspension.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts