Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chairman of Volkswagen Ferinand Piech wants to purchase Ducati from the firm out of texas for 660million $$$,can you say " move over BUELL".:eek:

·
Registered
59 Posts
So ducati is possibly going German huh?

Shiza!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Firm out of Texas has not owned any part of Ducati for about 3 years???? It is 100% owned by a private equity firm in Italy.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Official Retired Person
7,429 Posts
H-D wants to drop Buell entirely and sell MV. Heard on NPR yesterday. Signs of the times, I guess.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
That's bad news indeed. I heard they're replacing the timing belts with chains and the drive chain with a belt. On the plus side, there will be many more options for apparel.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
That's bad news indeed. I heard they're replacing the timing belts with chains and the drive chain with a belt. On the plus side, there will be many more options for apparel.
As well, torque will remain the same but horsepower will be chopped in half.

·
Bon Vivant
11,125 Posts
oh the rumors continue...
A secret insider told me that all of the carbon and plastic parts will be replaced with chrome plated pot-metal from china and they have a target goal of at-least 900 lbs for all new Ducatis.

Oh and the front end of the new 1198 will have a rake of 38 degrees and any superfluous brake disc thingys will be binned. :D

Good ol' Murican injunooety!!! ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
i heard that ducati is going to literally start making their bikes out of "ducks" so that when people say i have a duck they will really mean it.

gotta love rumors. i always wonder where people "hear" these things....

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Is there any chance we'll see steering by wire?
Not on my scoot.

However, it's rumored that Ducatis 2012 models will be battery powered to meet California's upcoming strict EPA regulations. A compressor will produce the coveted Ducati "sound".

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just heard OCC is taking over Buell.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not only that, but hasn't Ferdinand Piech been retired from the head of Volkswagen for the past few years as well?
I believe that Piech is Chairman of the Board of Chairman of the Management Committee. That is, still very much in power over there. Ok, now I'll do the research - after I open my mouth.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
I believe that Piech is Chairman of the Board of Chairman of the Management Committee. That is, still very much in power over there. Ok, now I'll do the research - after I open my mouth.
He is chairman of the supervisory board - translation he still very much runs the show. I have a story on the VW thing scheduled for next week.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts