Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chairman of Volkswagen Ferinand Piech wants to purchase Ducati from the firm out of texas for 660million $$$,can you say " move over BUELL".:eek:

·
9,757 Posts

·
Official Retired Person
7,684 Posts
H-D wants to drop Buell entirely and sell MV. Heard on NPR yesterday. Signs of the times, I guess.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
That's bad news indeed. I heard they're replacing the timing belts with chains and the drive chain with a belt. On the plus side, there will be many more options for apparel.

·
Bon Vivant
12,607 Posts
oh the rumors continue...
A secret insider told me that all of the carbon and plastic parts will be replaced with chrome plated pot-metal from china and they have a target goal of at-least 900 lbs for all new Ducatis.

Oh and the front end of the new 1198 will have a rake of 38 degrees and any superfluous brake disc thingys will be binned. :D

Good ol' Murican injunooety!!! ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
i heard that ducati is going to literally start making their bikes out of "ducks" so that when people say i have a duck they will really mean it.

gotta love rumors. i always wonder where people "hear" these things....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just heard OCC is taking over Buell.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not only that, but hasn't Ferdinand Piech been retired from the head of Volkswagen for the past few years as well?
I believe that Piech is Chairman of the Board of Chairman of the Management Committee. That is, still very much in power over there. Ok, now I'll do the research - after I open my mouth.

·
Premium Member
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS | 2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2,780 Posts
I believe that Piech is Chairman of the Board of Chairman of the Management Committee. That is, still very much in power over there. Ok, now I'll do the research - after I open my mouth.
He is chairman of the supervisory board - translation he still very much runs the show. I have a story on the VW thing scheduled for next week.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.