Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have next week off from work and i am looking to take a ride to NY City from New Hampshire. Anyone been to the NY Ducati Dealer? Is it worth stopping in?

Eric

·
Registered
537 Posts
i was there 2 months ago.
i saw my first 1199 there,they fired one up as well when i was there.
i saw a nice early 916 and bevel there as well.
the shop owner took some time to talk with me as well.
so if you are there i think it is worth to go and take a look.
i think it is a nice shop.

henk!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you're just going to look it's nice but if you plan on getting any work done I would go to rockwell's up by bear mountain... and in general, just stop by bear anyway on the way down, it's the closest decent roads to the NYC area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Big negative on Rockwell Cycle. Definetly check out Ducati Triumph. I order from them and they seem to be awesome people. If its nice out there will be a show of bikes on the street.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Big negative on Rockwell Cycle. Definetly check out Ducati Triumph. I order from them and they seem to be awesome people. If its nice out there will be a show of bikes on the street.
Triumph franchise is no more :( My buddy works in the building above them, and has gone in a few times. I've been meaning to stop in there to look around myself but never seem to find the time.

+1 on bear mountain roads as well. Decent twisties up in those parts.

·
Registered
269 Posts
First person I've seen thats had something bad to say about rockwell... they dont have the best looking showroom (cept those bimotas they have) but in terms of service they far outstrip ducati nyc.

Ordering from a dealer is way different than dealing with one for service.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not going to get any service work done. I have some time off from work and was thinking of a 2 day trip somewhere on the bike. The website makes it look like a cool shop, so i figured i would stop by. I am hoping they have some different bikes hanging around. I most likely will see the usual NY tourist stuff as well.

Eric

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nick Rockwell is a great guy. Knows his stuff and is a racer. It worth a stop just to take a ride to the top of Bear Mountain. PM me if you need a Bear Mountain/NYC guide on a weekend.

NYC Ducati is ok, but it's in Soho. Soho is full of eye candy.

If you have time, check out Gold Coast in L.I. Ask to go downstairs [not part of the showroom]. There are zillion 7/9 series Ducs down there. I just hate going to L.I. though. It's worse than NJ.

BMW, Bimota, Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Husqvarna, Piaggio, Vespa, KTM, Polaris, ATV's, Razors, & Rangers, Vectrix Electric Scooters

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do like eye candy:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts