Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HYM has been in the shop three weeks now. I was riding in Colorado, the 550 , and I ran out of fuel. I figured I did not see the low fuel light come on. I ran out of fuel again and I knew I did not see the low fuel light. The third time I ran out of fuel was an error in assuming that I needed to find fuel when I hit 150 miles on the trip meter....I ran out at 154 miles. So I took the bike in and the dealer diagnosed a fuel sensor was bad, Ducati sent one out, right part number on the box, wrong part in the box....my dealer has been bantering with Ducati ever since. I finally wrote Ducati NA, they sent me a phone number to call, I was pleased to have a real person to talk to, try that with Honda! Now I am waiting to hear back from DUcati NA....I sure miss the HYM, especially with nice weather and now with work at a near standstill the time to ride.....

Regardless of my HYM being down for a part it was comforting to speak to a real person and no long ass phone tree to sort through.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My HYM has been in the shop three weeks now. I was riding in Colorado, the 550 , and I ran out of fuel. I figured I did not see the low fuel light come on. I ran out of fuel again and I knew I did not see the low fuel light. The third time I ran out of fuel was an error in assuming that I needed to find fuel when I hit 150 miles on the trip meter....I ran out at 154 miles. So I took the bike in and the dealer diagnosed a fuel sensor was bad, Ducati sent one out, right part number on the box, wrong part in the box....my dealer has been bantering with Ducati ever since. I finally wrote Ducati NA, they sent me a phone number to call, I was pleased to have a real person to talk to, try that with Honda! Now I am waiting to hear back from DUcati NA....I sure miss the HYM, especially with nice weather and now with work at a near standstill the time to ride.....

Regardless of my HYM being down for a part it was comforting to speak to a real person and no long ass phone tree to sort through.
Well, if its any consolation I look for a gas station at 70 miles! Good luck with the part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts