·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
How the...............

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
is fuckamolyed.

was it noisy? i have heard the theory that the steel gets hurled out of the mains and up into the piston skirts, sounds entirely reasonable.
I have seen a few parts with scratches that looked small but were fatal.
That stuff is obviously chengala.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The wear is not uniform so I am thinking possible pitch error.

Second guess would be incorrect belt tension allowing the belt to ride/ramp up under load which would be cyclic giving the uneven wear.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I am going to guess miss-manufactured part. I see too many loose belts of all brands and never that wear. I have seen wear on aluminum pulleys where the material was a bit soft but even then not to that extent. Having a hard time picturing a belt wearing the steel pulley.

Xracer
Belter was correct it It was a bad right side main bearing cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I am going to guess miss-manufactured part. I see too many loose belts of all brands and never that wear. I have seen wear on aluminum pulleys where the material was a bit soft but even then not to that extent. Having a hard time picturing a belt wearing the steel pulley.
chris kelley says that the whining noise the cycleworks belts sometime make when first fitted is the belts "machining" the pulley to the correct shape.

i've never seen anything like it before, and we'd have seen it if it was anything poor or miss-maintenance could induce.

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Interesting wear pattern. Almost half perfect and the rest flogged. Check the lay shaft isn’t bent. That’s all that comes to mind.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts