Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for sharing :)

L8tr
Pete

Reactions: piercems3

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
For those that have visited the museum, what are you recommendations for getting to Bologna from the states? Fly into Florence, Venice, or Milan and drive? Any nice hotel recommendations?

We're going to visit sometime this year, and plan to eat (a lot), visit wineries, check out the museums and architecture, and generally explore the Emilia Romagna region.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hope to go there sometime in my travels! Thanks for the photo inspiration.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those that have visited the museum, what are you recommendations for getting to Bologna from the states? Fly into Florence, Venice, or Milan and drive? Any nice hotel recommendations?

We're going to visit sometime this year, and plan to eat (a lot), visit wineries, check out the museums and architecture, and generally explore the Emilia Romagna region.
My wife and I stayed in Cittadella (I had training there), but it is not far from Venice. After visiting a few other areas and completing the training I rented a car from the Venice airport and we drove to Bologna. After Bologna and the museum we drove to Florence and Sienna. The drive from Florence through Tuscany was amazing.

Renting a car was not a big deal, and driving wasn't that bad either. The only thing to be wary of is that most drivers consider lanes to be a suggestion rather than a rule, and there are speed cameras everywhere! Also, if you visit smaller villages or even areas like Florence, you can easily find yourself in a restricted driving area only meant for locals. They charge you $100 for each infraction. Parking is a hard to find and expensive, so make sure the hotel you are staying at has accommodations for a car. We stayed at Mercure. The car I rented was a diesel 6 speed manual so at least when I paid $8 per gallon for fuel it was not as painful!

If anyone is interested, I would be happy to post some non-bike related photos. It was certainly beautiful and a fun experience. The best time to go is in May, if you are planning on a trip.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You can fly directly into Bologna (depending on where you are coming from) and the Museum is a taxi ride from the Airport. We took a train from Bologna to Florence, then down to Sienna.

All of it is super easy to do, Sienna is a beautiful town, trains are cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts