Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a wheel locally. Seller says, "stock 5.5 x 17 wheel size for Sport Touring Series Ducati ST2, ST3, ST4. Can be fitted to any 620, 695, or other Ducati models with a double sided swing-arm and 25mm axle."

Will this work on the stock steel swing arm and current axle size from my stock 4.5" wheel? Is the stock axle size on my bike 25mm or different size?

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
Not unless you are friends with a machinist. There are enough differences that I would look for a drop in donor. That is unless you just have to have that design wheel in which with enough money and time anything is possible. Best to avoid rears from ST series,Late large axle monsters and 620 multistradas (which IIRC are 4.5").

Not just the axle has to be fit but also brake caliper spacer/mount to align the rotor.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Not unless you are friends with a machinist. There are enough differences that I would look for a drop in donor. That is unless you just have to have that design wheel in which with enough money and time anything is possible. Best to avoid rears from ST series,Late large axle monsters and 620 multistradas (which IIRC are 4.5").

Not just the axle has to be fit but also brake caliper spacer/mount to align the rotor.
I was always curious, are these the same fitment as the 999 wheel?

Do you know if they are they compatible with the modern dual sided swingarms like the Scrambler, Pani 899 and Multi 950?

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
I have not tried to cross fit the ST size wheels with later swingarms so I do not know the answer ..... yet. I do have a 749 swingarm as well as a later whole bike but I am too busy right now to play wheels swapping games. Happy to do so if the right timing happens though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ducvet,

Thanks for the info. The owner selling the wheel says its 5.5"; of course its marked on the wheel spoke somewhere I suppose....or just measure. However, I'm not interested in MAKING it work. I'd rather just go with a OEM 3-spoke Duc 5.5" wheel that will be a direct connect. I know, I knooooowwwww........I can use the search, but hell I'm already here (LOL)..........which 5.5" wheel will work with the stock "steel" swing arm on my '96 SS/CR? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
800,900 or 1000ss wheels should be 5.5" and fit. 620 and 750 came with the same 4.5" as the CR so pass on those unless the prior owner changed up. This happens plenty so be sure to inspect any you buy.

monster 900 up to around 2000 used the same wheel just verify my axle diameter . If it is bigger than yours do not bother.

851/888 these do pop up from time to time and should bolt right up just do not buy a 16" from a early one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
800,900 or 1000ss wheels should be 5.5" and fit. 620 and 750 came with the same 4.5" as the CR so pass on those unless the prior owner changed up. This happens plenty so be sure to inspect any you buy.

monster 900 up to around 2000 used the same wheel just verify my axle diameter . If it is bigger than yours do not bother.

851/888 these do pop up from time to time and should bolt right up just do not buy a 16" from a early one.
Thanks man! ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN THE HUNT!

·
Registered
763 Posts
greetings 9-9-9,

I have a 5.5 inch rear wheel I took off my '96 900SS/SP when I put on a 4.5 inch rear wheel.

Straight, no burrs, look in 'Parts & Accessories' - WTB: 93 900ss rear wheel, I posted pics there on Jul 28 6:30pm.

New paint and it would be perfect.

Fred

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
greetings 9-9-9,

I have a 5.5 inch rear wheel I took off my '96 900SS/SP when I put on a 4.5 inch rear wheel.

Straight, no burrs, look in 'Parts & Accessories' - WTB: 93 900ss rear wheel, I posted pics there on Jul 28 6:30pm.

New paint and it would be perfect.

Fred
Bike gets delivered Friday. I want to take it out on a ride in the canyon's first before I buy a wheel. Thanks for pointing yours out. What are you asking for it?

·
Registered
763 Posts
9-9-9,

Shipping costs will be a factor -- 20lb. + from 63117. I would be satisfied with $200 shipping included.

Fred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts