Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
That's also in my to-do list! Learning to adjust the suspension!
There are a few good threads in here about. I am reading one where Shazaam gave an in-depth, but still accessible, run down of the settings and what they affect. Just building courage to put it in practice 馃槀

Smut peddler
That's also in my to-do list! Learning to adjust the suspension!
Go to YouTube, search for Dave Moss suspension settings. Guy is awesome to learn from. Also, many shops will invite suspension techs to do informal seminars. The knowledge you gain from these will be more valuable than any bolt on upgrade. We'll, minus exhaust. That's just cool. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Go to YouTube, search for Dave Moss suspension settings. Guy is awesome to learn from. Also, many shops will invite suspension techs to do informal seminars. The knowledge you gain from these will be more valuable than any bolt on upgrade. We'll, minus exhaust. That's just cool. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for that. I have looked up his videos and you are right, he is the guy to go to. Now just need to get the tools 馃槑 (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
So, I dove into the suspension and it is coming along together. Where do I adjust compression on the Showa forks? I am assuming above the pre-load hex nut, but which side? Is it left rebound and right compression? I鈥檝e checked the manual and it has a different fork in the picture altogether (Marzocchi, If I had to guess).

Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
Compression is up through a hole in the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Discussion Starter #27

Thank you, I鈥檝e been looking everywhere for it. All the tutorials explain what each setting does, but not where to adjust them. I鈥檒l look for it when I get home today.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28

Thank you, I鈥檝e been looking everywhere for it. All the tutorials explain what

Just found it on a diagram for the S4. I couldn鈥檛 see it before because my axle isn鈥檛 lined up with it. Thank you for your help.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Now I only have to con a friend into actually helping me in setting proper sag 馃槑馃憣

Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
These forks usually have a lot of stiction. To help get a fairly reliable measurement go out and ride the bike for a while to warm the suspension up. Then back off all damping adjusters to full soft to let the suspension move more freely. Do your measurements and set accordingly. Then reset the dampers. It helps.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
These forks usually have a lot of stiction. To help get a fairly reliable measurement go out and ride the bike for a while to warm the suspension up. Then back off all damping adjusters to full soft to let the suspension move more freely. Do your measurements and set accordingly. Then reset the dampers. It helps.

Appreciate the tip. I had noticed some stiction when I was playing around with preload and checking travel with a zip tie. That should make things a lot easier. Thank you 馃憤

21 - 31 of 31 Posts