Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
Ha,ha,ha! What car do you own Dmitry? Cause I got the Kineo wire spoke wheels from a scrapped Mv Agusta!!! Wanna trade?:)
2002 Civic Si Hatch, pretty rare here in US as it was made in England and only imported for couple years.
new Kineo wheels are couple thousand each...

He told me that I have to polish off or get the previous anodize off from the front forks before he dipp them,

So, has anyone a suggestion, tip, or a hint of the solution of how to get the previous anodize away? Sandpaper, polish or what??
Many motorcycle components are anodized, it's a protective coating, without it aluminum (and aluminium) turns grey.

To remove you must sand and polish, BUT you are removing material and you have to be careful not to take too much off. It's a long precess, I think it can be also chemically stripped, but those are precision parts and you don't want to take too much off.

I think maybe painting is cheapest option?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yepp! I know about the wheels, got them from a friends scrapyard. But some work needs to be done on them. Worth it at all cost.
Yes! Unfortunately I did my research with the anodize, googled and read up to 40 articles about anodize.
Its like you stated, you remove part of the material and then it adds up with the anodize.
I thought it over and over again, and it's like you said...don't risk anything with safety! Removing material from front forks and then get problem with the triple clamp adjustment or refit... no thanks.
Now I understood what he was talking about the guy that does the anodize, removing to much, adding a lot, a big risk.
Exactly! You read my mind, it feels more riskless to do a paint job. Asked my friend that works with automotive paint and he gave me a tip about the House of Kolor and candy paint with the UK12 Pagan color instead of anodize and risk with removing material. He also gave me a link that others had done it, and honestly It looks really good with minimum risk.
It feels like I started way high up and now falling to a poor man's Öhlins copy. :LOL:

Fake Ohlins forks

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Sorry I didn’t respond earlier about the GSXR fork conversion. Just Google it, or do a search on whatever forums you’re on. I didn’t invent it, there are plenty of videos out there.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i think if you paint them the problem will be when you put them back in. the triple clamps will scrape the paint off.

i would have expected the anodising company could deal with removing the original anodising.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts