Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy so i have a ducati monster 1100 2009 and i heard that its really important to go with Termignonis for exhaust but i kinda want to go outside of that law.. is it a bad decision? I am thinking of getting competition werkes. Also will i need to change or update the ecu? Need some advice plz.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,464 Posts
Do what makes you happy. Lots of people have something other than Termis. As far as fueling, it all depends on what you get.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
fit any muffler you want.

some of them run much nicer with the ecu done, some not a lot of difference. depends how yours is.

·
Smut peddler
1,214 Posts
I run comp werkes. I think they're far superior to the Termi's. Termis on a ducati are like a swinging dick at a peeler bar. Pretty much everyone's got one. The comps are unique, better construction, and sound better. Go to bellissimoto.com, pick up an air box kit, arrow set of headers, the comp Werkes cans, and find a good tuner that will put it on a dyno and tune it right. Costs a bit, but worth every cent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply! I agree, i find termis not very original, i bought the black velvet werkes cans they look awesome and i heard they perform much better also. I will check out the arrow headers for sure!!
do you use the baffles? Are they worth buying incase?

·
Smut peddler
1,214 Posts
I don't use rubbers, I don't wear masks (except at the liquor store, because every mans principle has its limits), and I don't use baffles.

Being cereal, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get them if you know you're going into an area that has assholes, er I mean law enforcement, that are looking to do a revenue round up. I heard they're hitting some spots by me now that they have nothing else to do but guard beaches. Putas, each and every one.

Reactions: Lunny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pretty sweet! I looked up for headers like you were saying for a 1100, but i cant find anything...

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I went with these ... ~different~ ... about $600 for the pair of slip ons ... all stainless and inconel. Pics = not my bike.

I went with the low-mount (like the two bottom most pics), and I've removed the included DB Killers. They're called INOX by a company called GPR. Excellent quality, robotic welds ("cold wire TIG"), and came with everything needed. I'd guess they make them to fit the Monster.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
I like those. Some of the Termis are too long for my taste.

·
Smut peddler
1,214 Posts
pretty sweet! I looked up for headers like you were saying for a 1100, but i cant find anything...
Hmm, dI'd a quick search, couldn't find them either. Call the Bellissimoto guys, they'll know. Maybe they were Leo Vince. Hard to keep everything straight with three of these *****.

Goddammit, every time I see a supersport, I want to get one. Ugh

·
Registered
7 Posts
im running SC projects CRT on my 2014 1200 and its amazing, may do a tune later this year im debating about getting a set of akras headers for it because im having a hard time finding after market headers for the 2014-2016 models

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
im running SC projects CRT on my 2014 1200 and its amazing, may do a tune later this year im debating about getting a set of akras headers for it because im having a hard time finding after market headers for the 2014-2016 models View attachment 984984
One of the nicer Monsters there! It's really easy to take what's sitting before us for granted .... we've been looking at these modern bikes for years that the fact that you're getting (pretty much) a full-on production class race bike for your money. I mean, just look at that thing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts